What is the best 'go-to' food you've found?

Options
Have you discovered any foods that you don't know how you lived without them before? Mine would have to be Wasa crispbread. I use it in place of bread (although I do still eat bread, just not as much!) I love them with peanut butter, or the laughing cow light cheese spread. Great snack! Post your best foods!

Replies

• JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'd go bananas without bananas. Hehe.

I love making desserts with them. :)
  • dubgnyc513
    Options
    Strawberries or grapes! Replaced all the sweetness that I would get from candies or ice cream. Such a quick fix for the sweet tooth.

That and oatmeal in the morning. A 1/4 cup does the trick
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Honey vanilla Greek yogurt. Also water! I hated water before but now I love it.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Eggs. I eat them every day for lunch because I haven't found anything else that keeps me full until dinner like eggs do. I make scrambles with veggies or just a quick egg sandwich.
  • bko722
    bko722 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Frozen Jumbo shrimp and cocktail sauce. It is kind of expensive, but I have it several times a week as a snack and it feels like a special treat yet full of protein!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies! I used to never eat them, now I get 2-3 servings of each almost daileeeeee
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more convenient than an apple.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Bananas are pretty much my go-to food for anything
  • Blueyedtine
    Blueyedtine Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Never thought of that before but what a good idea!
  • jessvaughn74
    jessvaughn74 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    CARBmaster yogurt....Bananas....Stacy's Pita Chips & a Laughing Cow cheese wedge....Fiber One 90 calorie bars...Quaker Rice Cakes (Caramel and White Cheddar are my fave)....so far my favorite part of this journey is finding low calorie snacks
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    PB2 powdered peanut butter, and spaghetti squash! Not at the same time, though :tongue:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and ice cream (not together!)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I pretty much ate all the same stuff now that i ate before.. I just don't eat all the junk in addition to it and i make sure it's a portion size..

hmm... go-to.. i guess fruit and those sweet baby peppers? not exactly new.. but I grab and apple/banana/orange/mango/strawberry etc.. and eat it as is or put it in just about anything.
  • xscarletXbegoniasx
    Options
    peanut butter&chocolate protein smoothies yummm
  • WendyReen
    Options
    PB2 powdered peanut butter, and spaghetti squash! Not at the same time, though :tongue:
    What is PB2 powdered peanut butter? (Obviously I know it has been somehow dehydrated, but how do you eat it? It doesn't really sound very appealing - sorry.)
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    What is PB2 powdered peanut butter? (Obviously I know it has been somehow dehydrated, but how do you eat it? It doesn't really sound very appealing - sorry.)

You're right, I was skeptical, too - but it is very good! You mix it with water to your desired consistency (less water gives it the consistency of natural peanut butter). I like it a lot, especially because it's less 1/4 the calories of regular PB. Amazon has it for a pretty decent price. http://www.bellplantation.com/nutrition
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Theres a few. When I was in US, at work I would keep some pastrami around along with bread and mustard. That became a staple food for if I was too busy to make lunch or too lazy or just forgot.

Fruits always makes the best snacks for me. Along with milk. Here in Asia you can easily find milk all over so its always nice and easy to find a cold 500 ml (2 cups) bottle of low fat milk which keeps me filled for a bit :)
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese!
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Nature's Path Oatmeal.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    raw almonds. i can carry a bag in my purse. keeps those splurge urges away!