new 2 forum

Options
New to the forum, hoping to find where I'm going wrong, going over calories. Seems like the only way to stay under is to skip breakfast but it's supposed to be the most important meal :{ maybe find out if there are better alternatives than what I'm choosing. Dunno, any pointers?

Replies

• ntdrive
    ntdrive Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Do you have the ability to log all of your planned meals/snacks/etc at the beginning of the day? That might help you decide sooner how to allocate your calories.
  • lisacsmith16
    lisacsmith16 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm using the shakes by VI for morning and lunch.. having snack and good diner.... I find it hard to eat all 1200.. But with the shakes I am full! I never ate breakfast or lunch so the shake make it nice for me.... GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
  • bragnome
    bragnome Posts: 9
    Options
    I could try to plan the day before again, but the thing I ended up cutting out before was breakfast to stay under or at the calorie goal
  • bragnome
    Options
  • lisacsmith16
    lisacsmith16 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Try eating scrambled egg whites in the am.. that will give you a little something to start your day! Also what are you eating for snacks...??? Try fruit and veg. Lower in cals but good for you...
  • bragnome
    Options
    No snacks really, need something crazy quick in the am that I can eat on the go. Mostly eat 2-3 meals.
  • dillonrmccarthy
    Options
    The best way to loose weight is to eat between 4-6 meals a day to fulfill your calorie limit. This boosts your metabolism and helps you to not be hungery. It does this by changing bombesin (a neuropeptide) levels which dictates how your calories are used up, and allows them to be used quicker. Also, doing this will release another neuropeptide (the name escapes me at the moment) that works by interacting with receptors with digestion control, effectively controlling how hungry you are. (the actual neuronal pathways and bio/physical pathways are much more complicated and are still not fully understood) but it is what most physical heal experts recommend. And NEVER EVER EVER SKIP BREAKFAST. skipping breakfast can cause your body to go into a sort of "emergency energy storage" response, causing you to be slow and sluggish, and your body to take in more fat. Starvation mode if you will. ITS NOT GOOD. there is a reason it is the most important meal of the day. If anything, skip lunch, or, increase your calorie limit a bit higher and decrease week by week until you are used to eating less, or work out to burn off any extra calories.

Good luck with everything!

sources
    Psychology Classes
    Professional Journals of Medicine
    Body Builders
    Nutrition Experts

*can name if you want

As a side note: In regards to the hormones that control diet, I believe only Bombesin is known to change with this meal plan. All other hormones and pathways like PYY (polypeptide YY) are still under investigation, but are assumed to have some ground in reality. So dont quote me on any of that.

Please message me if you have any other questions!
  • bragnome
    Options
    I like carrots,eat them w/dinner a lot, prob should bring some to work and snack so I'm not so hungry after work @10p. Cheese a bad idea? W/ the fruit?
  • bragnome
    Options
    Any breakfast suggestions that are quick to prepare and can be eaten on the go?
  • dillonrmccarthy
    Options
    As much as i love cheese (seriously went to a cheese convention once ;]) its not healthy for you. i suggest snacks like chicken (high in protein and very low in fat,) or turkey, or any fruit or vegetable. Be careful with carrots as they can be a tad high in sugar. But they really arnt too bad for you and are a great snack. If you really wanna find a good snack, find something high in cellulose (fiber). They will fill you up and have no calories because our bodies cannot physically digest it.
  • dillonrmccarthy
    Options
    Any breakfast suggestions that are quick to prepare and can be eaten on the go?

Drink a protein shake. Protein shakes take a while to digest and fill you up (for me at least) Or peanut butter on toast (high in protein and carbohydrates which are burned quickly to give you the energy to start your day)
  • bragnome
    Options
    Thanks I'll look into that:) cheese is wonderful tho :) thanks for you help,nite
  • bragnome
    Options
    Most shakes I can't have but peanut butter and toast sounds good
  • NikkiP33
    NikkiP33 Posts: 17
    Options
    Dont skip any meals, its a disaster waiting to happen. Try a good whey protein shake in the am with some raw almonds. Follow it up with some strawberries and plain yogurt 2-3 hrs later.