Low-Cal Ranch Dressing

Options
abberbabber
abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
I found this on Pinterest like 6 months ago and just tried it last night. And it is delicious!! Mine worked out to 15 calories for 2 tablespoons of dressing (I used the buttermilk ranch dressing packet which is 0 calories). Super quick and simple, too!

http://fluffimama.blogspot.com/2012/03/little-something-for-your-time.html

1 cup Dannon Oikos plain nonfat greek yogurt
1 packet hidden valley ranch (dressing, not dip)
1/2 cup 1% milk

Enjoy!

Replies

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yum! I've done this before! I need to add the mix packet to my shopping list this week. I love plain fat free greek yogurt. It has so many uses.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Yum! I've done this before! I need to add the mix packet to my shopping list this week. I love plain fat free greek yogurt. It has so many uses.

:laugh: It really does, I keep seeing it lately! Have you tried the thing with the cake mix?
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Elisastoll
    Elisastoll Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    ooh, Thanks! My kids think ranch is a food group. I cannot wait to try this!
  • meganw5638
    meganw5638 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It's seriously so good. My 6 year old loves it, even!
  • jcmaska
    Options
    bump
  • jessasmus
    jessasmus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    sounds good. i found a similar recipe but without using the hidden valley packet (msg, yuck) i just mix plain greek yogurt, and spices such as chives, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and dill weed. that makes it a little more like a dip, you can add almond or coconut milk (a splash) to make it a dressing consistency
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    An MFP member posted this recipe a while back.

LIght Ranch Dressing

1 cup buttermilk (1%)
    5 oz plain Greek yogurt (non-fat)
    ½ tsp onion powe
    ½ tsp dried chives
    ½ tsp dried dill
    ½ tsp dried parsley flakes
    Salt/pepper to taste
    A few drops of worcestershire sauce

I made a couple of changes to this. The original recipe called for 1/2 cup 2% greek yoghurt. If you use the whole cup of buttermilk it's a little bit watery. I just add in the buttermilk until I get the consistency I want. Very tasty.
  • nhlgeezer
    nhlgeezer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like to do a lot of cooking so I'm definately going to have to try this. Thanks for the recipe!
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I just made this today except I used 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk instead of 1% milk. So yummy!
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    did you guy all use the buttermilk package or did anyone try it with the original package?
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later
  • sweetpea_73
    Options
    bump
  • pacittk
    pacittk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ranch recipe!
  • Patsy19541948
    Patsy19541948 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ashgav
    ashgav Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I found one at the store that is 45 calories a serving it's yogurt based :-) not bad either I think the brand was boathouse
  • chatondoux
    Options
    I found one at the store that is 45 calories a serving it's yogurt based :-) not bad either I think the brand was boathouse

Bolthouse Farms :D I loooooooove their ranch dressing! I used to get it at walmart but ours stopped carrying it :\
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I make my own.

I believe it's already in the database.