Best restaurant or fast food burger you've ever had?

Options

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Best fast food burger (and fries): In and Out Burger in Sacramento, CA because I watched them make the fries from a POTATO...and because the ingredients were insanely fresh. The burger was cooked to perfection and I was also quite hungry at the time. It was also my first and only time in California.

Best burger I've ever had: The huckleberry BBQ burger at the Coeur d'Alene in Moscow, ID. Homemade huckleberry barbecue sauce, pepperjack cheese and bison burger meat...oh my gosh.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    The Vortex-Blue Shroom burger.

But truthfully I make excellent burgers...
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    There is a local place called Captain Kangaroos that makes the most amazingly delicious burgers ever. If I hated living in Japan, these burgers alone would be worth it. Plus the staff are super cool surfer types...even though most Japanese people are polite, these guys made the rest of the island look like jerks. Thank goodness it is an hour and a half drive or I'd never lose weight!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Kobe beef burger with foie gras and black truffles @ The Burger Bar in Las Vegas
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Five Guys. Greasiest, sloppiest, most delicious burger. EVER.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Kobe beef burger with foie gras and black truffles @ The Burger Bar in Las Vegas
    want.
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Donovan's Bleu Cheese Burger...Local Irish joint with great Bangers and Mash but that burger was awesome!
  • stakoc94
    stakoc94 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm a simple girl - I've not found a better tastin' burger than at Red Robin. Just the gourmet cheeseburger with cheddar for me. *licks lips*

Ditto on Red Robin, it's ridiculously awesome. So awesome that I will eschew the hundreds of amazing burgers here in Manhattan and will get on a New Jersey Transit bus out to Clifton (the nearest RR to NYC) just to get a bonzai burger.

I have one maybe once a year, and it is always mind-blowing.

Agree! Red Robin is soooo good! My favorite is the Bleu Ribbon YUMMMMM
  • Dan_Lifts
    Dan_Lifts Posts: 22
    Options
    5 Napkin Burger in NYC, with Rosemary Mayo & Brie was the best non-fast food burger I've had that I haven't made myself. 5 Guys make damn fine burgers for a fast food place. Red Robin's somewhere in the middle, but I never get the right temperature when I get a burger there.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Yak Burger at the Yak 'n' Yeti Restaurant in Disney's Animal Kingdom...truly delicious, and the location can't be beat:)
  • StonewallJackson
    StonewallJackson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Star Burger, Whitby, Ontario
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Tessaro's here in Pittsburgh and Brass Ring Pub in Palm Beach, FL. For Tessaro's, it's just really good gourmet burgers.

Can you believe I've still never been?

But Burgatory makes a TASTY burger!
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Wild Wings where you can get the buffalitos which are only 380 calories.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Burger King..but not the British ones. I live on an old US air base and we had the shops here before they pulled the base down..and the Burger King here did the most amazing burgers.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of the Good ole 'Murican burger. I need spice.

However, the best Good ole 'Murican burger I have had was homemade by a buddy of mine. He would mix 50/50 ratio of chuck and sirloin meat, seperately roughly grind them (like 10 pulses each) and then mix it with salt and pepper. Sometime he'd put jalapenos for me but it was delicious for me without it. He'd ALWAYS use pickle juice on his griddle to "clean" it before cooking and let some pickle juice there to be evaporated.

But the main thing was the cheese. While he was cooking the burgers, after the flip, he's grab 2 huge handfuls of shredded cheese, put it on the burger and cover the burger with a steel bowl and let the heat and steam melt the cheese.

THAT was the best burger I have ever had. Though 5 guys and steak 'n shake aren't half bad either
  • trailtripper
    Options
    The Ranger Burger, 4 Seasons, Fort Benning GA.
    BIG and 2 handed AWESOME....juice dripping off of your elbow good!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Capital Grille - Kona Coffee Steak - best steak ever! I can't remember the cut of the steak, but it was coated in Kona Coffee and probably some sugar and that caramelized on the steak. Ummmm, now I really want that steak again! Too bad the closest one of those is a 2 hour drive from where I live!

Edit - reading comprehension fail - their burgers are also incredible! They are nice and juicy and ground at the restaurant after being perfectly aged.
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    5 Guys and Fudruckers...bestest...burgers...ever...

I am DYING to try Walhburger's...NKOTB :love:
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Most of the better ones I have had have come from places that aren't chain restaurants. Mostly local bars, pubs, etc.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    It must have been a burger oasis (by that, I mean I cannot seem to remember the name).

I was barely out of high school and went with my mom to the southern part of West Virginia to watch my younger brother in the state Cross Country meet. In the evening, my mom and I were driving back roads and as we got close to Beckley happened upon this restaurant. I remember there were stained glass decorations depicting cowboys and other western scenes. I ordered a burger. It was a full pound, cooked medium well, had melted mozzarella, and jalapenos along with lettuce, mayo, ketchup, pickles. I remember it was so big I ate a lot of it with a fork.

I’m rarely in that part of the state anymore, so even if the restaurant still existed, I doubt I would be able to find the place.