Workout motivation - playlist

Options
2»

Replies

• HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I have a very eclectic play list from the 70s, 80s, 90s, current; rock, metal, Christian, Country, pop, rap

Anything that is really up beat; my workout/running playlist is currently at 313 songs (20 hours); I shuffle it, so I'm never bored ...oh and I'm always finding new songs to add

Some of my faves:

AC/DC
    Sugar Cult
    Remedy Drive
    Lincoln Brewster
    Hawk Nelson
    Cowboy Troy
    Trace Adkins
    Def Leppard
    Switch Foot
    Autopilot Off
    Pillar
    All American Rejects
    ZZ Top
    Kiss
  • loup1981
    loup1981 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks, System of a Down have been featuring thus far!
  • loup1981
    loup1981 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I listen to metal/techno when I run/workout so I'm probably not what you're looking for but I listen to DIO, Mobile Death Camp, Mindless Self Indulgence, Daft Punk, Sonata Arctica, Slayer, GWAR, etc. Something heavy and fast keeps me going.

Specific Songs:
    Shut Me Up - Mindless Self Indulgence
    Full Moon - Sonata Arctica
    Rainbow in the Dark - DIO
    Sexicutioner - GWAR
    Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk
    Vicious Smile - Mobile Death Camp
    Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
    Raining Blood - Slayer

Hey that sounds great! thanks!
  • smp0723
    smp0723 Posts: 88
    Options
    I love Pandora! I listen all day every day.

I hate paying for music so don't even utilize the playlists on my Iphone (although I would love to create my own playlists for specific workouts). I've heard you can get free music but I have no clue where so if anyone has any tips to share, I would appreciate it.
  • fololir
    fololir Posts: 5
    Options
    So fun to dig through these suggestions and try them. Almost makes me look forward to my workout! LOL
  • Only1Mickee
    Only1Mickee Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitradio.com Found it, Love it.
  • egarrett8911
    Options
    I just made my high energy playlist this week, I have so far used it twice and it really is VERY good.

(obv that's my own personal opinion I created a playlist that was supposed to see me through a 30 minute workout and it ended up at 5 and a half hours hehehe oops)

I find I am motivated by a number of different musical styles, from rock and rap to soul and even a little Jazz music....my personal favourites of this week are; Anything by Tenacious D, Stevie Wonder "We can work it out", Nina Simone "I wish I knew how it feels to be free", David Bowie "Queen *****" and "Pacemaker" by Jamie T.

Since I started working out regularly another source of motivation is the folk styling s of the Fleet foxes and Laura Marling (maybe I'm just a bit weird but when I do my yoga, I find Folk music is really helpful...)

Anyway that's enough of a peak into my spooky world.....

Hope you find some new music that suits you.

TC

Anthony.

Fleet Foxes FTW!
  • bkibbs
    bkibbs Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have a very eclectic play list from the 70s, 80s, 90s, current; rock, metal, Christian, Country, pop, rap

Anything that is really up beat; my workout/running playlist is currently at 313 songs (20 hours); I shuffle it, so I'm never bored ...oh and I'm always finding new songs to add

Some of my faves:

AC/DC
    Sugar Cult
    Remedy Drive
    Lincoln Brewster
    Hawk Nelson
    Cowboy Troy
    Trace Adkins
    Def Leppard
    Switch Foot
    Autopilot Off
    Pillar
    All American Rejects
    ZZ Top
    Kiss

Anyone who puts AC/DC on their workout playlist has my respect!