Do you have an eating cut off time? if so, when?

Options
Just wondering if you have an eating cut off time and if so when do you stop eating for the day? Do you feel that your cut off time has helped in your weight loss? I really don't have a time just yet, sometimes I stop eating after dinner (we have dinner around 6PM) but sometimes I have a 100 calorie snack in the evening but it can be a bit late to be eating the snack, sometimes I don't eat the snack until after 9PM, that's probably too late?

Replies

• SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't pay attention to the time. I normally don't get home until almost 8 pm so I may eat all the way up until I crawl into bed. I plan my meals and snacks for the day and eat them.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I try never to eat when I'm in the shower or asleep. Apart from that, I'll eat at any hour--timing makes no difference to weight loss.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    When I run out of calories.
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I will usually have a small Granny Smith apple (cut up into small pieces, makes it last longer, lol) around 8 PM - perfect for a little something sweet, rather than a bowl of ice cream, Lol
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    My cut off time is when I'm not hungry anymore. Or when I've used up all my calories. Whichever comes first.
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I generally don't eat after 7:00 PM but that's only to keep GERD from rearing its ugly head. Has nothing to do with caloric intake.

However, if I'm a tad hungry after 7, I might eat half a cup of Special K Red Berries with skim milk which doesn't cause any problems.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    33110506_1131.jpg
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat in my sleep
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Just prior to death.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I always snack in the evening, sometimes a lot.

Assuming that eating late doesn't interfere with your sleep (personally I sleep better with something in my stomach) there's no reason to have a specific cut-off time.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    When I fall asleep so I don't accidentally choke on a Cheeto.
  • bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    3 hours before going to bed, which makes it around 7 pm. In the Chalean Extreme Motivation DVD, she talked about this. Supposed to help with metabolism (if I remember correctly). I'm doing it coz I dont like the full feeling before sleeping. ^^,
  • rosettafaery
    rosettafaery Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm on medications that mean I have to take them on an empty stomach. I take my tablets at 9pm so tend to stop eating at 7pm. If I truly feel like I'm starving I might have something small just before bed.
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    about 7.30-8pm, and if i have a snack after dinner (6pm) then it is usually fruit.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I stop eating before I crawl into bed. I don't like crumbs in my bed.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Between 6-7pm but sometimes as late as 9pm. NOTHING after 9pm though...
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    IM horrible with times. Im up at 7- work til 6 or so. By the time i cook or go out somewhere it's sometimes as late as around 8. I eat dinner and then a snack after wards. I guess the time isnt so important to me. Maybe it should. But i haven't plateud or anything so.... idk.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    When I run out of calories.

Ditto ..
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I asked a similar question last week. Was surprised to find that it really doesn't matter when you eat!!