Are still wearing your old/baggy clothes?

Options

Replies

• toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I wear my baggy clothes as it reminds me of the weight I lost...:happy: I have purchased new clothes to wear when it's time for me to go out and show off... :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Adah_m
    Adah_m Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm still wearing the shirts... after the first 50 lbs of loss I had to stop just wearing a belt with the pants. I bought one or two more pairs, had some taken in, and found some old ones in my closet I was now able to fit in again.
    The problem is, now they're all too big again after the last 50 lbs. :)

Thinking of finding another tailor, but I'm avoiding shopping. I don't like spending money on things that I know will just change.

I've found a lot of success with dresses. It's not so obvious that a dress is getting big on you. Ten pounds in a pair of pants can give you saggy butt, but in a dress, ten pounds doesn't mean anything. If you have a lot of weight to lose, I would reccomend dresses and leggings.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    My wardrobe has many different sizes. I've got a couple size 14 jeans and a couple 12's as well as dress pants in both sizes. As soon as I could pull the 12's up and zip them I put them on. I find if I wear pants that are too baggy then I have the mindset that I can pig out - wearing the tighter pants makes me think before I put anything in my mouth. And as soon as I can get 10's on I'll do the same thing. Once I'm in 10's then I'll overhaul my clothes and ditch the 14's. I know when it's that TOM (or I've had parties or something like that) I can easily go up a size due to water weight) so I do need the larger size for that day or two until I've lost that bloat.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh I totally need a clean out. Some of my clothes look ridiculous. I'm starting by throwing out the jeans, and stuff that looks just awful. Baggy clothes I still wear around the house, but I have been adding to a new wardrobe consistency since losing most of the weight. The weird thing now is I'm actually buying lots of oversized tees and leggings, so effortless and comfy, especially as my weight is fluctuating 105-110 lbs, because I've started new work outs and have upped my calories. I think I'll have a style overhaul when I get to my goal body fat.

When I hit that percentage I'm going to throw everything that is too big out, but keep one dress to remind me of how far I've come.
  • lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Maybe some of my old cycling clothes because they were too tight to begin with, but regular clothes - HELL NO.

Not only do I not fit into anything that I owned, but I not longer fit into the stuff that I saved "just in case" I lost weight. And it was worth it to go out and buy that new suit - it looks killer!

To those who are still clinging to the old stuff, go out & buy new clothes. It is the best motivator of all.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Yep. I can't afford new clothes every time I go down a size. I wear dresses a lot because they're okay a little big, same with shirts. I have a couple pairs of jeans from when I was gaining weight that I have gone back down to. Still, cheap sports bras and belts are my friend.
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    I lost weight a few years ago (then gained it all back) and had packed those clothes away in the basement. I've been slowly pulling things out of storage that once again fit me. I still have a few favorites things in storage that I can't wait to fit into. I didn't save many t-shirts, so most of my t-shirts are pretty big on me.
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I was just actually totally embarassed because on the stairs into work, I lost my pants. I found it incredible that the jeans that were cutting the circulation off my waist, were very loose, and I didnt' need to undo the buttons to get them on, but I didnt' think they would FALL DOWN!!!
    I hold them when I am walking today, and will have to give them up now... :(
  • J4rv0
    J4rv0 Posts: 3
    Options
    I went through my wardrobe over the weekend, and threw out:

3 x Suits
    2 x Jeans (already thrown out 3 pairs)
    2 x Joggers
    7 x Trousers
    7 x Shorts
    29 x T-shirts
    18 x Shirts
    13 x Jumpers

I've now just gone past 30lbs lost, and things were looking like a tent on me. I had thought of keeping them in case the weight comes back on ... but I'd rather not have that safety net.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm working my way backwards thu my closet, at one size in paricular, I am going to be in heaven!
    After that, I'll have to shop...
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not out. I use them now for sleep wear. Hoodies feel a lot warmer now than they were before and are extra comfy-minus the sleeves now getting in the way.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    After Imdown a couple sizes i get new bc the dif between size 28 and 24 is huge and i coukdnt if i wanted to
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Yes I am. I have 2 pair of identical black trousers that I've had for years and wear all the time, alternating between washes. They've really had their day already but now I'm 30lb lighter, yes they're hanging off me. I plan on buying a few new bits when the weather warms up a bit (-4 with me today and snowing). I'm wearing jumper layers at the moment too 'cause it's so cold, so to outsiders I probably still look bigger than I am underneath it all. Roll on the warmer weather then I can show off my new look.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Baggy shirts def stay!!! When I'm 'in between' sizes where I'm still too big/uncomfortable in smaller sizes, I love wearing my baggy shirts at home!! They also remind me how far I've come!
  • somervilleshar
    somervilleshar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well I keep getting rid of clothes that are too big as I go. It's easy to be tempted to put weight on if you have big clothes. I think it's a mindset!
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    No way.. With what I lost everything swims on me.. lol.. I like nice snug clothes now even if I do still have my stomach..
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Nope! When I started being able to fit into my "skinny" clothes, I put my baggy stuff in a black bag to never think of again. I'm loving the clothes that show off all my hard work :)
  • JohnDun
    JohnDun Posts: 140
    Options
    Nope I have new shirts and trousers....dropping from size 44 to 38 for trousers and 19 to 17inch collar for shirts.....looked rather silly....but happy to spend the money on clothes......for this reason....
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I still do because Im not prepared to continuously buy as I go through sizes AND because to be honest, I dont see that much of a difference :ohwell:
  • sriley721
    sriley721 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 7 pounds so things are fitting better but not too big. The second they are too big they are history! I will not keep anything too big because that is how I got in this mess in the first place. By having several sizes in my closet I was able to gain weight without addressing the problem. My favorite and most expensive clothes will go to the tailor and the others to Goodwill.

We need a clothing size swap club!