I'm eating too much sugar ??

Options
So i'm new to MFP after trying with Weight Watchers, Slim World etc.

I have been keeping to about 1000-1200 cals a day which I am finding quite do-able BUT my sugar consumption is always WAY over the daily limit !
For example im already on -36 today !!
Ive had cornflakes for breakfast.
Sushi for lunch and a huge fruit salad and yoghurt this afternoon.

Im guessing its the fruit . Well I can SEE its the fruit as it contained 30 !! What do i do ? Do you miss fruit out ? Will the sugar consumption slow my weight loss down ? On Weight Watchers etc you can eat unlimited fruit so this has thrown me !!

Replies

• syntaxxor
    syntaxxor Posts: 86
    Options
    I think MFP has silly destrictions on the macros that they should let us adjust.

I think protein is down to like 49g for me? Which is WAY too low.

If you're getting natural sugar from fruit; don't sweat it. It's ADDED Sugars you need to worry about.
  • gabbyguru
    Options
    I am always way over my sugar limit to. Sometimes I do eat bad sugars like candy (only when my calorie count allows) but mostly it's it from fruits, greek yogurt and other assorted foods. I have lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks and I am happy with that.
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    I stopped tracking my sugars. I'm a huge fruit eater, which contains tons of natural sugars. If I don't eat any fruit for the day my sugar is under. I figure if I'm getting my sugar from good food, I'm obsessed with pineapple, screw it. Just try to stay away from sugar in candy and cakes.
  • kemby3
    kemby3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I will carry on then I guess :)
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Your low calorie goal will slow your weight loss before fruit does.
  • kemby3
    kemby3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    "Your low calorie goal will slow your weight loss before fruit does. "

really ? I had assumed eat less, exercise more, lose weight etc........oh.......
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options

really ? I had assumed eat less, exercise more, lose weight etc........oh.......

I always thought that too. I tried to lose weight @1200/day and exercising, didn't drop anything. Bumped my calories up and started losing weight, even without really exercising.
  • jdousay09
    jdousay09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I always thought that too. I tried to lose weight @1200/day and exercising, didn't drop anything. Bumped my calories up and started losing weight, even without really exercising.

Im having a heck of a time just trying to meet the 1200 calorie goal. My problem is I am not eating enough. But I am not hungry so I dont quite understand. If Im not hungry do I have to force myself to eat? And will this eventually pass or is it normal to not feel hungry?
  • bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I think MFP has silly destrictions on the macros that they should let us adjust.

I think protein is down to like 49g for me? Which is WAY too low.

If you're getting natural sugar from fruit; don't sweat it. It's ADDED Sugars you need to worry about.

i agree with this, i removed sugar from my list actually got fed up of seeing it in red due to the amount of fruit i eat, imo fruit is not bad for you at all and i love it and will never stop eating it, fruit is not what made me or anyone else fat as far as i'm concerned
  • bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Your low calorie goal will slow your weight loss before fruit does.

oh and i also agree with this 1000 is too low 1200 is too low for a lot of people never mind 1000 - you need to eat more than that
  • mguerra310
    Options
    My sugar consumption is way high daily anywhere from 150-180 grams a day. I just cant kick the coke. I remember a year and a half ago i would drink 5 cans a day. Ive tried going aday without it but i gets a headache. So now im down to 2aday. Its all good tho i kno it slows down weight loss but im cool with it. I've still managed to lose over 50 lbs., and ive been hitting the weights over the past 4 months so i kno some muscle has grown as i can start seeing it which i think would also slow down weight loss, but my body fat percentage has gone drastically down which is what im most concerned with, so.... Bottom line just excercise that way you use that extra sugar as energy and it doesn't get stored as fat. Hey thats what i tell myself, 1 more lap for that can of coke lol f it. Works for me. Also try eating desert 15 minutes BEFORE your dinner or meal. You will eat less as the sugar will make you feel fuller. And you still got ur sweet tooth fix.