Starting over and need new friends!

Options
I've been back and forth on this site for 2 years. I never stuck with it because I always had something better to do. Unfortunately that "something better" wasn't losing weight but just procrastinating. Now I'm back and after doing some measurements and weighing myself, it's time to make a drastic change!

I also found out that a lot of my friends on here also gave up a while ago. Now I'm looking for new friends that will not only motivate me but also show me through there results that losing this stubborn weight is possible(:

Replies

• abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    welcome back! Feel free to add me! I have been the same way in the past, this time I have no choice but to stick with it. Time to get healthy and happy and stick it out!
  • sportzmom23
    sportzmom23 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have been on and off here for a while, started back serious in January. Working towards. Half marathon in May!!
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Glad you decided to give it another go. I am so excited that I have made it over a year using this site. I am only a few pounds off from my goal and it's been hard going, way harder than the beginning was. I don't have lots of result going on but I still get to the gym 3-4 days a week and stay within my calories. Feel free to add me to give/get motivation & support! Good Luck!!
  • LynnNeeds2Lose
    Options
    You guys are awesome!
  • CaliSteph
    CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I've been here in since January and it seems that the people who do stick around are ones who log in every day, participate with encouraging one another and on the message boards. You can do this!

Feel free to add me.
  • ssb1662
    ssb1662 Posts: 26
    Options
    You can add me too. I am in need of motivators too, so this could be win:win!:flowerforyou:
  • missylee117
    missylee117 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Add me also, I like to keep in touch with others and motivate and have them motivate me back. Its really a great thing this fitness pal, I log on any time I eat something except for last week when i was on vacation, but am back and ready to log in every day.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You can add me too.
  • jzlater
    jzlater Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am actually new to the Myfitnesspal site and app for my phone. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now, and also invested in the Body Media Link to track my caloric output. All in all I have lost about 2 pounds at some point. However, the last few times I got on a scale, i was back up a bit so it hasn't gotten recorded....I try to weigh the same time of day in the morning before I eat. I think the scale is just being evil ;). The Body media makes it nice since I am getting a really accurate idea of my caloric output, and even has motivated me to get extra steps in where I can. The hard part is the accurate food journaling, but I am being consistant, and using my best guess at times there isn't an exact food match. I am about 166 at 5ft. 1 inch and hope to get back to 125-130, so about 35/40 pounds to go.

Good luck on your journey....if you keep to it you definately can do it! What is your goal?
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Same scenario here. I deleted my account because I just thought I was done for good and gave up. But I got it back and came back and lost the awesome friends I had. I got my main few back, but always looking to find some new ones.
    Feel free to add me anyone
  • psykins
    psykins Posts: 76
    Options
    You can add me, if you'd like. I have dabbled with MFP in the past, but for the last month or so have been more serious about it and I really think it's helping me change my habits. I want to stick with them, though, so I had better get involved with the community!
  • annadavidson1984
    annadavidson1984 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to add people, but you can feel free to add me.

annadavidson1984

Any of you guys can!
  • alw141
    alw141 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm on here every day! Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • boophil
    boophil Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and feel free to add me, too! I've been on for a while, but was side-tracked by life. I'm back at it again and I am determined to make real progress this time! I believe you can never have too much help in the motivation area! :)
  • tingtawn
    tingtawn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi :) Welcome back!! I've been on here for awhile but am more serious now than when I started! I think we all have that time we fall off the bandwagon! Luckily when you get some good friends on here its easier to stay motivated! Feel free to add me!
  • antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    ive been adding alot of people always great for motivation!! you can get it in!!
  • ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    welcome back.

feel free to add me. i love my mfp friends. I love their support and I return the favor as often as I can

Tom
  • frazzlecg
    frazzlecg Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add. My current "friends" have been a bit on the quiet side.
  • skilvington
    skilvington Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - and anyone else can too, it's good to have the support that friends can bring.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Add meeeeeeee!!!:flowerforyou: