Lemon juice

Options
This may be a silly question, but the lemon juice that comes in those little bottles that look like lemons....is it edible? I use them to squirt in my garbage disposal to freshen it, but I need lemon juice for a recipe tonight. Can I use that or should I get something else? Just want to make sure I don't poison myself :laugh:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    they are sold in the fruit section, right?

If so I always keep a lemon and lime in the fridge for when I run out of fresh. Cannot taste the difference.
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    It's edible (meaning it won't poison you) but it tastes rank. You're better off with real lemon juice. Depending on what the recipe is, I've used white wine in the palce of lemon juice...not healthier, but won't taste like crap.
  • merbee
    merbee Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Perfectly edible. I use it to bake my fish all the time.
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Haha! If it's the little lemon looking bottle you bought at a grocery store, than yes! I always have a lemon and lime bottle in my fridge in case a recipe calls for a little "fresh" juice and I just don't have the time to get out and get the produce. It's definitely not as good but, in my opinion, if you're putting it in a recipe you can't even tell the difference. Well, as long as it's one of many ingredients. If you were making lemon chicken or something I'd say go get real lemons. But, yes, that's absolutely edible!
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Not only is it edible, I actually add it to my ice water for a little splash of lemon flavored goodness without the calories!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, that's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure. :blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, that's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure. :blushing:

always best to be certain. I had a friend clean out her 1st turkey with a Brillo pad...........:huh:
  • missiemccarley
    Options
    I use bottled lemon juice daily on my sliced apples instead of salt. It is awesome. Now my entire family wants "lemon apples" for snacks
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

always best to be certain. I had a friend clean out her 1st turkey with a Brillo pad...........:huh:

Oh no, what happened to it?
  • abby1949
    abby1949 Posts: 32
    Options
    perfectly edibible for any lemon additions - in fact I just heard at my TOPS group that to put a "couple of squirts of lemon in a glass of hot water and drink it down each morning" - Its a good cleanse and starts the day off on a good note.
    Bye Mellow Yellow!
    Abby