Looking for motivation & friends. 21yrs 5'11" 320 lbs :(

Options
I want to start by saying I am super shy and this is way out of my comfort zone....but maybe I need to push myself out of my comfort zone to succeed. I am 21, 5'11", and have been overweight since kindergarten. I'm currently at 320 lbs. I would love to be at 180 lbs. I have a bad over eating/ binging problem. I seem to stay severely motivated for a few weeks, then I binge and give up. I swear I could eat a cow and still not feel full. I love to workout. I try and get on the treadmill everyday even if it's not for long. But I just can't seem to stop eating terribly. My diary is open, I would love friends to light fire under my butt. NICELY critique my diary, or just provide motivation. I hate what I see when I look in the mirror. Anyone with similar goals or a similar body type would be great, I would love to follow back. I can't seem to figure out why I binge, stress, boredom? I have no idea why I just can't seem to say no, hence being overweight my entire life. Any advice would be great!!! :)

Replies

• outlandish30
    outlandish30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm older than you but you can add me if you want :-)
  • Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    Options
    Binging can be a hard thing to overcome.
    once you start on a binge you think oh well, I have blown it and I might as well do what I want for now.
    Working to get past the all or none mind set is key, If you run a stop sign driving in the morning you would not say to yourself, oh well I will just run them all today.

Start to look at food the same way, we all can figure out what the stop foods should be (High fat, lots of sugar, ect) when you have one of these don't think well I can start again tomorrow or next week, start again right then and there.
    It is OK to still eat foods you like, you just have to be able to moderate intake and be fully honest with yourself.
  • kstorch5
    kstorch5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You could not have said that any better! I'm definitely in the mindset when I have something bad I might as well keep binging,I will just start again tomorrow, next week, next year. I really need to work on that.
  • Viola47
    Viola47 Posts: 121
    Options
    Binging can be a hard thing to overcome.
    once you start on a binge you think oh well, I have blown it and I might as well do what I want for now.
    Working to get past the all or none mind set is key, If you run a stop sign driving in the morning you would not say to yourself, oh well I will just run them all today.

Start to look at food the same way, we all can figure out what the stop foods should be (High fat, lots of sugar, ect) when you have one of these don't think well I can start again tomorrow or next week, start again right then and there.
    It is OK to still eat foods you like, you just have to be able to moderate intake and be fully honest with yourself.

That's actually a really good analogy!
  • roziyuna
    roziyuna Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started this thing, but I'd be glad to be ur friend on here. My problem is this snow :( Makes it so I cant get out & do wat I'd like. I have a (will be 2yr old in June) daughter. I just turned 25. My goal would be to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. It'd be nice to see pics of my self & go "hey, I look good!" but for now, I defin dont feel that way & it affects my mind. Makes it so that I have relationship problems :/
  • kstorch5
    kstorch5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started this thing, but I'd be glad to be ur friend on here. My problem is this snow :( Makes it so I cant get out & do wat I'd like. I have a (will be 2yr old in June) daughter. I just turned 25. My goal would be to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. It'd be nice to see pics of my self & go "hey, I look good!" but for now, I defin dont feel that way & it affects my mind. Makes it so that I have relationship problems :/

Agreed the snow is terrible. I cannot wait until its gone. As far as pictures go, I avoid them like crazy, I know I'm overweight but seeing pictures of myself really show me how bad it has gotten.
  • mamabisme
    mamabisme Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! I'm 27 and started here on 1/2 at 290lbs. I'm down 32 so far. My diary is open to friends and I'm on here every day.
  • dramallamaduck
    dramallamaduck Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 5'6" and 269 lbs. When I started out I was your age and weight. You're more than welcome to add me for support :)