Insanity Newbies and Oldies

Options
Just started INSANITY yesterday and OMG its ridiculous but I love it.

Anyone else has done it are is doing it now.

Share your Results and story.

Also i cant log it into MFP under 'Insanity'...Is there another name its under ?

Replies

• marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Just started INSANITY yesterday and OMG its ridiculous but I love it.

Anyone else has done it are is doing it now.

Share your Results and story.

Also i cant log it into MFP under 'Insanity'...Is there another name its under ?

Honestly, if you calculate your BMR and TDEE, calculate a 10-20% deficit and manually set your MFP settings, there's no reason to log your exercise... :) Makes life much more simple, especially because the exercises in the database aren't going to be accurate to your body. Just a thought...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717565-in-place-of-a-road-map
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday as well. Holy Cow the fit test is insane!! I've been doing JM for months, but nothing compared to that. I am nervous to actually start a real dvd tonight. I hope it's not as intense as the fit test!
  • beeb66
    beeb66 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm on the second week. Just did pure cardio today. I def see a difference in my stamina since doing the fit test!
    I seem to put more pressure on the outside of my feet so I'm having trouble with my trainers. Need to find something else that is going to give me more support on my feet. They ache every night :(

Keep it up! It works!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you calculate your BMR and TDEE, calculate a 10-20% deficit and manually set your MFP settings, there's no reason to log your exercise... :) Makes life much more simple, especially because the exercises in the database aren't going to be accurate to your body. Just a thought...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717565-in-place-of-a-road-map

THIS!

OP, see the updated version of the thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
  • Tmoney19
    Tmoney19 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday as well. Holy Cow the fit test is insane!! I've been doing JM for months, but nothing compared to that. I am nervous to actually start a real dvd tonight. I hope it's not as intense as the fit test!

Same here, just started yesterday and did Fit Test and it kicked my butt! I was just saying how nervous i am to start day 2 tonight.
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options
    Beachbody programs are a ripoff they work yea but why spend 120 dollars on a workout program you can get for free? Insanity is just plyometrics and programmed to get your heart thumping out of your chest. Good luck
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I log it under circuit training. I'm on week 2, and it totally BUSTED my plateau I was on for 3 weeks. Like, 3lb-gone-the-first-week busted it. I <33333 Shaun T.
    Editing to add that when I take my heart rate during the workout and average it out over the full 40 minutes and use this equation (http://www.livestrong.com/article/78365-estimate-calories-burned-heart-rate/) I find that the MFP calculations are pretty accurate. That is just my experience, though, so you'll have to see for yourself. Check your heart rate when he tells you to, plug it into that equation, and remember that it is an ESTIMATE. If you are eating at a deficit, and losing, chances are you're doing what you should. :)
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1/2 time insanity - doing the workouts 3 times a week spaced out with other things (1 day lifting, 2 days lighter cardio) on the off days. Anybody else have experience doing insanity in a less insane pace?
  • taciturnity
    taciturnity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 today! I log mine manually because I have a heart rate monitor. I love that it's so hard. I hate it, but I love to hate it!! And I feel so accomplished afterwards!

Anyone who is doing insanity can definitely add me! I love new friends, especially doing the same thing!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Beachbody programs are a ripoff they work yea but why spend 120 dollars on a workout program you can get for free? Insanity is just plyometrics and programmed to get your heart thumping out of your chest. Good luck

Because I work out harder when someone is yelling at me :)
  • dangerxbadger
    Options
    I'm doing 1/2 time insanity - doing the workouts 3 times a week spaced out with other things (1 day lifting, 2 days lighter cardio) on the off days. Anybody else have experience doing insanity in a less insane pace?

YES. I do it every OTHER day mixed in with my half marathon training. I go 3 days on, one off, alternating 2 days of Insanity, 2 days of running for each mini week. Still seeing great results! :)
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    I started Sunday doing the Fit Test and ask my daughter to leave the room because there wasn't enough oxygen for both of us...LOL!! We did the first day last night and it about killed me but I pushed and made it to the end. I have had to modify somethings but I am loving it! As for logging in MFP, I use a heart rate monitor so I was able to make my own exercise and properly name it INSANITY. I highly recommend getting a HRM, I use the Polar FT4, it does not sync with MFP but very easy to use.

Feel free to add me as a friend, would love to see how you progress in the next 60 days.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • taciturnity
    taciturnity Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Because I work out harder when someone is yelling at me :)

Me too girl, me too. There's no way that I think to myself, "Oh I think I'll just do some plyometrics on my own."
  • dangerxbadger
    Options
    Also, anyone here looking to join a group specifically geared towards like-minded people doing Insanity, P90x, Turbofire, etc, look no further than here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5498-p90x-insanity-the-game-changers

Full of amazing, positive people. Lots of really good support, and you get assigned a personal (AND FREE!) coach. I know, I know. They are a part of Beachbody, and occasionally you will have to put up with a "OMG SHAKEOLOGY" email from them, but the extra support and personal connection is worth it to me! There isn't any pressure to buy a premium membership, either, which I think is awesome.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options

yes me! I do the workouts 2-3 times a week on top of running.
  • the1captain
    the1captain Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Started month 2 yesterday. Besides jumping up to an hour for the workout. Also new, harder exercises. But to add in the fit test on the same day too! My body killed me all night into the morning.

But guess what? I still got my butt to the basement and did the next workout today. Do I need an extra break the odd time? Of course. But as Shaun T says, "you got to dig deeper".
  • M_lifts
    Options

YES. I do it every OTHER day mixed in with my half marathon training. I go 3 days on, one off, alternating 2 days of Insanity, 2 days of running for each mini week. Still seeing great results! :)

same here! I did month one whilst training for my half 3 weeks ago! now onto month 2 and training for a 10k soon!
  • M_lifts
    Options
    Started month 2 yesterday. Besides jumping up to an hour for the workout. Also new, harder exercises. But to add in the fit test on the same day too! My body killed me all night into the morning.

But guess what? I still got my butt to the basement and did the next workout today. Do I need an extra break the odd time? Of course. But as Shaun T says, "you got to dig deeper".

well done! I did the fit test the day before (to spread out the insanity! lol)
  • bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options

lol it's worse than the fit test - good luck :-)