Fat on rib cage.

Options
This is so extremely annoying, really. Just under my breast, like on my rib cage, I have fat rolls. Or I guess it's fat anyway. I read somewhere that only surgery can remove it, and I thought I'll check with you guys because you usually know everything, haha. Exercise should burn it of, right? The power of cardio.
I also read that it might be if you've starved for some time, which I did when I had an ED, but I don't see how starvation has anything to do with that really.
I do 45-60 minutes of circuit training almost every day, but it won't go away. So hoping you guys will tell me it's just fat, cause I really don't feel like paying for expensive surgery..

Replies

• jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have no idea i'm afraid but i would love to know too!
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Like is it regular fat or weird fat? Can u take pics? IM SO SCARED NOW
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    It's just fat. Reduce your overall body fat percentage and it'll disappear. There's no such thing as spot-reducing, though. Some areas may shrink sooner than others, but unfortunately we don't get to decide which areas of fat go first and which ones stick around and p#$$ us off.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    MMMM thats like the best part to eat. I love fatty ribs!
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It's just fat. Reduce your overall body fat percentage and it'll disappear. There's no such thing as spot-reducing, though. Some areas may shrink sooner than others, but unfortunately we don't get to decide which areas of fat go first and which ones stick around and p#$$ us off.

This made me laugh, god damn fat!
  • stoverk2
    stoverk2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Is it there when you're standing upright? I mean, when I sit down or slouch I have those "fat" rolls, but when I stand up or sit with good posture, you can almost see my individual ribs. I've seen even the most fit people slouch themselves over and pull at "fat rolls" or puff their stomachs out to prove how fat they are. If you're at a healthy weight & fat percentage for your body type, you've got a perception issue, not a fat issue!
  • annbillingsley
    annbillingsley Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    young women wouldn't know this, but those of us who wore pants that fit in our formative years instead of the manly low-riders have them....it is known as midriff bulge. basically muffin top for ppl who wear their pants at their waist instead of wearing pants to show off their whale tail and tramp stamp.

as far as getting rid of it, good question--- eventually they would if you lose enough weight.
  • workingtwerking
    Options

Haha, okay thanks! Gotta say I was hoping for that answer.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    it's just fat, fat is stored calories, burn the calories burn the fat. Surgery is not the solution.
  • workingtwerking
    Options
    Is it there when you're standing upright? I mean, when I sit down or slouch I have those "fat" rolls, but when I stand up or sit with good posture, you can almost see my individual ribs. I've seen even the most fit people slouch themselves over and pull at "fat rolls" or puff their stomachs out to prove how fat they are. If you're at a healthy weight & fat percentage for your body type, you've got a perception issue, not a fat issue!

It's not when I'm standing upright. But as soon as I slouch a littlelittle bit it's there. It makes having to sit down very annoying because I know it's there.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. You can spot improve, but not reduce. It will take lowering your BF% through caloric deficit and adequate strength training to reach this goal. Takes time. Be patient.
  • kelfer80
    kelfer80 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've got em too girl!! It IS just fat and as you lose it WILL go away. Mine are almost flat now!!! :)
  • workingtwerking
    Options
    I've got em too girl!! It IS just fat and as you lose it WILL go away. Mine are almost flat now!!! :)

Okay, good! Gave me a bit more hope now, thank you :)
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    young women wouldn't know this, but those of us who wore pants that fit in our formative years instead of the manly low-riders have them....it is known as midriff bulge. basically muffin top for ppl who wear their pants at their waist instead of wearing pants to show off their whale tail and tramp stamp.

as far as getting rid of it, good question--- eventually they would if you lose enough weight.

Sorry, did you just suggest that fat rolls around the rib cage...right underneath the breasts...are caused by jeans that sit low on the hips?

ETA: Wait, no, I read that again. I think you're saying that they're caused by pants that sit high on the waist...How high do you wear your pants?!?
  • Patati1
    Patati1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have them too, I feel like my bra pushes them out further and I heard it called "the under-boob" hahaha. But with excercise and patience it will go away..
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options

Sorry, did you just suggest that fat rolls around the rib cage...right underneath the breasts...are caused by jeans that sit low on the hips?

ETA: Wait, no, I read that again. I think you're saying that they're caused by pants that sit high on the waist...How high do you wear your pants?!?

I think she's talking about those ugly mom jeans. The ones you practically wore up to your pits. Thank god those are out of style. Yuck! I"ll take my mid rise or low rise jeans any day over those things. If you wear your pants right you shouldn't get a roll hanging over the top by the way. Hi rise mommy jeans make you look like a giant potato with legs.
  • annbillingsley
    annbillingsley Posts: 60 Member
    Options

I wear my pants in the natural indent where my waist is...between my hip bones and my rib cage. I know...foreign to think in this day and age women wore pants that actually covered their butt-crack! lol! the bulge is caused when you sit down in normal-waisted jeans (or if you wear them too small it sticks out all the time like a muffin top).....even skinny girls got them if they had ANY fat deposits in their abs. ( I think they are called "mom jeans" now, btw). I have been severely obese since the age of 4, so I have had the midriff bulge since I was kid and mine is very large. I remember my bff complaining about hers when we were teens and she is 5'4" tall and weighed like 125ish. she was just unlucky in that the ONLY place she had any fat depositis were her abs and her chin. she was tiny every place else.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter where you wear your jeans, if you have any fat it will creep and spill over the top of them- hips, ribs, ears.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter where you wear your jeans, if you have any fat it will creep and spill over the top of them- hips, ribs, ears.
    ears lkol
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too well what i call upper tummy fat, it said it can be quite common on apple shaped women who are top-heavy, surgery is not the only option....cardio, strength training, a healthy diet and time seems to be the way foreward..guess not forgetting patience which can be the hardest part!..thats not to say you must eat healthy all the time and never touch sweet stuff again, its just to say be mindful and smart where possible but dont be afraid to reward yourself, think positive workout, switch up your routine every so often i.e HILT training or a new workout and you'll get there. :). I've started the 30 day shred and finding t great, i found i put on a lot of upper belly fat the year i was doing my exams where looking back now i realise i was not mindful of my food choices at all and didnt exercise near enough, i'm a healthy weight for my height its just my tummy that is carrying it, however, since last year i have reduced...it takes time, it really does but it can be done! ...wow that was a big waffle of writing, best of luck with it! :)