Discouraged a little bit..

mzchsny0375
mzchsny0375 Posts: 1
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Yesterday was my first weigh in since joining myfitnesspal a week ago and unfortunately I didn't lose a pound nor did I gain. I am discouraged since I stayed within my goals. I didn't workout as much as I wanted to but I thought that eating better would at least help me see some sort of results. Not sure why I didn't lose but I am not giving up. Next week the scale will change!!!

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    That's the spirit - don't give up! Sometimes it just takes a little time for your body to respond with a weight loss. You'll get there :)
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Hang in there, the slower the process, the better. Is your profile set up to lose 1-2 pound per week? I found that it was very accurate in I stayed wilthin my alotted calories(make sure you eat as many as it tells you) and some of you evercise calories if you have burned a lot
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    I agree, start at one pound a week.

Give it at least 1 month (no cheating!) and see what happens...I can guarantee you will lose weight! It will be a minimum 4 pounds and maybe more!

One week is not enough time to see any results.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    It's only been a week, give your body time to adjust!
  • Give it some time... and make sure you are drinking enough water. I notice when I don't drink enough water, I don't see results.
    They say that you are supposed to drink half your body weight in ounces in water a day... It's hard to do, but it works.
    If you don't do that, atleast drink the recommended amount.
    GOOOD LUCK!
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Maybe you did lose weight, but your body might be retaining water so the loss didn't show on the scale. You'll probably see the difference next week.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 504 Member
    Don’t give up, I didn’t see results my first two weeks on MFP but I stuck it out and am now loosing a steady pound a week. I know how discouraging that feeling is, you make so many sacrifices and nothing or little to show for it! I swear that the sacrifices get easier and the rewards are that much more fulfilling!
  • kwallen90
    kwallen90 Posts: 23 Member
    Don't give up. I remember weighin in after 1 week and actually gaining 1 lb. But then when I got on the following week at had lost 12 lbs!!! I know all results are different, but don't lose hope! It's not unusual to see no results after 1 week. You'll reach your goals as long as you stay consistent :smokin:
  • cjmarquez
    cjmarquez Posts: 2
    I'm glad i'm not alone out there. This is my 2nd week and i didn't lose anything either :ohwell: I hate to say it, but I think i should quit beer :sad: I do sooo good during the week and I'll lower my food intake and think i could have a few beers....I don't think that is going to work! Starving all day, to drink beer late, eat and then go to sleep is NOT a good idea. Any suggestions?? Whats a low caloric alcohol drink that is yummy???
  • aflemin
    aflemin Posts: 1
    Don't give up girlie!!
    We are in this together!! We are going to conquer this "muffin" thing!! I know if anyone can you can!

Get going and no more talking yourself out of the gym. Wear those new spinning shoes out!!
This discussion has been closed.