When do you STOP eating?

Options
matchbox_girl
matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
I know a lot of people have a cut off time in the evening when they have their last meal. I'm struggling with that since my bedtime is generally around midnight, sometimes later. When it your "cut-off" time to eat and how do you curb hunger afterwards? Does the body adapt?

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i don't have a cut off time. I just count my calories, and get my exercise in through the course of my day. If I want chips and salsa at midnight, and I have the calorie allotment for it, i am having chips and salsa.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cut off time. Last night I didn't workout until 9pm and I ate a banana and peanut butter afterwards at 10.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    That is generally what I have been doing, too.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    When I run out of M&Ms
  • Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Options
    My "cut off" time is when I go to bed. I will usually have a piece of fruit or something.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    When I run out of calories. Sometimes it's an hour before bed and sometimes it's minutes before.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have a general guideline. I start work pretty early, so I go to bed around 8 or 9. I eat my dinner around 4 or 5 and dont eat past 6.
  • Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Options
    When I run out of M&Ms

Ha ha ha love it
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    Around 7:00
  • cyndyeadams
    Options
    I have no cut off time I think I once read you shouldn't eat late but bedtime is my quiet peaceful time so I purposely save calories for my nighttime snack.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    When I run out of M&Ms

This.

I don't have a set time but usually my last meal/snack is between 7 & 8, I go to sleep betwen 9 & 10.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    i don't have a cut off time. I just count my calories, and get my exercise in through the course of my day. If I want chips and salsa at midnight, and I have the calorie allotment for it, i am having chips and salsa.

This.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I'll stop eating when I'm dead.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    About 10 min before I go to bed, which is usually 11pm...
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    No cut-off time here either. I eat until almost all my calories for the day are consumed, brush my teeth, and go to bed.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I actually quit eating when I am no longer hungry which usually is about 6pm. very rarely do I eat after that unless I am eating empty calories with zero nutrients
  • SunOfMan
    SunOfMan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4:30am so I go to bed quite early.

I try to not eat at least 2-3 hours before bed, so ideally no later than 6pm-7pm.
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I ate celery smothered in peanut butter minutes before I went to bed. I eat until my calories are gone. ^.^
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    It really depends on how many calories I have left. Sometimes I'll snack after dinner, but most of the time I'm good to go until the morning.
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options

This^