Like Minded Lushes - Part 1

Options

Replies

• ivygirl328
    ivygirl328 Posts: 121
    Options
    Having spaghetti tonight for dinner. I will have to put in the extra time on the treadmill to have the red wine as well!
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!

After my dreadful, horrible experience of denying myself liquor for 2 weeks and the scale not budging (that was the reason i cut OUT the alcohol to get the scale to move), I drank myself silly!! Yeah baby!!! Ciroc Berry and diet lemonaid all weekend

UNTIL MONDAY MORNING...

I'm a very "extreme" person, I don't know where i get it from, but it drives me bananas (for those of you that are into the zodiacs, I am a sagittarius born on dec 20th). So now guess what I'm doing... A liquid fast. Wow! I hear the gasps thru the computer LOL!

Anyhoo, I read a book by Dr. Stanley Burroughs, called the Master Cleanse, pretty interesting. He talked about allt he toxins we put in our bodys from eating animal flesh and dairy (he said we are the only species that drinks milk from another or different species, cats dont drink dogs milk and etc).

Now mind you, I did the fast a few months ago for 7 days, lost 10lbs. Don't know if my body felt any purer or not. But because i have hit another "wall" in my weight loss, Ive decided to do it again. That and I changed my wokout to a 25 minute interval training on the treadmill and 30 minute interval training on the elliptical.

I'm shooting for 10 days, i'm on day 4 now. I'll keep you all posted on the lb loss.

Tameka
  • BeerKahuna
    BeerKahuna Posts: 52
    Options
    Day three of no drinking during the week - EPIC FAIL! I played golf with co-workers as planned after work. Had 4 pints over a 4 hour span. Definitely not a binge, but drinks none the less.

On a positive note, I was still under my net calorie goal and had a balanced nutritional day - so I got that going for me :bigsmile:

Here's to a new "Day 1" - Cheers :drinker:
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    tameka, good for you if you can make it work. there isn't enough gum in the world to keep me content for that many days of liquid only.

i had extra calories after dinner last night. and briefly toyed with the idea of some red wine (or even a special port that the dh bought for me) but i had said i would abstain for a few days since i had plenty last weekend. so, i put on some coffee and had "healthy snacks" .

tonight i am out with a group and may find indulgence is part of the plan. now i just have to motivate myself to get to the gym to really earn it.
  • georgespelvin
    Options
    Epic fail on day four, ha ha. Four vodka+sodas and half a beer later...

Good luck, Tameka! I could never handle water fasts :(
  • h20lillys
    h20lillys Posts: 31
    Options
    3-4 glasses of wine last night and i really wanted more. I went out to get a glass of wine with a girlfriend and of course that turned into two glasses. When i got home, I opened a bottle, even though I knew I shouldn't have and had another.

Why is it when I drink red wine, I always want more. I could go out with friends and have couple of beers but not want to drink more when I get home, but red wine... i just want more.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Must have been something in the air last night. I drank three glasses of wine and ate over 500 calories of peanut M&Ms. It was ALL GOOD too. Did my long run this morning--hopefully that 13 miles will even things out.
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Must have been something in the air last night. I drank three glasses of wine and ate over 500 calories of peanut M&Ms. It was ALL GOOD too. Did my long run this morning--hopefully that 13 miles will even things out.
    13 miles,you could have had 3 bottles of wine,and to party bags of peanut M&M's lol WTG!
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options

I'm a very "extreme" person, I don't know where i get it from, but it drives me bananas (for those of you that are into the zodiacs, I am a sagittarius born on dec 20th). So now guess what I'm doing... A liquid fast. Wow! I hear the gasps thru the computer LOL!

Tameka

Hey, I am Dec 19th and I have Scorpio as my rising sign. I know what you mean about extremes! Does a liquid diet allow you to blend stuff like fruits or soup? Wouldnt mind trying it...chewing is so tiring!
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    I blew it too - a whole bottle wine - which is only 3 glasses - but they make the glasses so big now don't they. Angry with myself and I haven't lost any weight this week - but I haven't gained either.

Must abstain tonight - only one more night until Friday

susan
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I really want wine tonight. The sun is shining and it is warm (strange for me up here north of Seattle) I am tired of the scale staying put and I usually have a nice low number after a bottle of wine (probably dehydration) tomorrow is my official weigh in day. Part of me says stay true and wait and part of me says f*** it I want some wine. What should I do?
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I am home now from my trip to Chicago...let the detox begin...hope I don't get the shakes:noway: Day 1 will start tonight.

For all the other beer snobs out there...I am one too!! Love dark beer!!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    You can do it Kim!!!

I'm having my first cocktail since... hmm.. Sunday? So I'm alright with that! It's a hot yet nice breezy day/night so I decided to have a Pineapple Malibu with a splash of orange juice with my taco salad! MMMMMM!
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    I blew it too - a whole bottle wine - which is only 3 glasses - but they make the glasses so big now don't they. Angry with myself and I haven't lost any weight this week - but I haven't gained either.

Oh and here I thought they were making the bottles smaller!! I agree a 5 oz. serving in a big red wine glass looks rather chinzy, I've had guests look at me like i'm a tighty when I pour a 5oz serving in a big bowl. on the other hand I've had a guest pour themselves 3/4 of a bottle in same glass.:sick: .and it was quite a nice wine!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    On the wine note...isn't 4 oz considered a serving...might as well be as accurate as possible...sister and I polished a jumbo bottle yesterday...but alas, it is a new day.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I really want wine tonight. The sun is shining and it is warm (strange for me up here north of Seattle) I am tired of the scale staying put and I usually have a nice low number after a bottle of wine (probably dehydration) tomorrow is my official weigh in day. Part of me says stay true and wait and part of me says f*** it I want some wine. What should I do?

Wait until the weigh-in!!!! Make some hot lemon water and detox instead...I know it's not the same; but, give it a try
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so I didn't give in to the wine monster. I did half one half a shot of vodka to finish off some pinapple juice I had from making sweet and sour chicken for dinner.
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    On the wine note...isn't 4 oz considered a serving...might as well be as accurate as possible...sister and I polished a jumbo bottle yesterday...but alas, it is a new day.

The correct serving of red wine is 5 ounces..no matter what size the glass..I believe a serving of white is 3.5 as it has more sugar.
  • rolandhulme
    rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this thread.

I am British, so any indiscretion I have with alcohol I blame on my nationality.

One of the great things about MFP is that you can track your calories and decide what you want to 'spend' them on - so I've cut back on drinking, but continue to do so. I really, really, really enjoy wine and beer, so have no guilt in indulging.

I figure I jog, life weights, eat right and don't smoke - so why the hell not? We're all allowed one vice, right?
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am British, so any indiscretion I have with alcohol I blame on my nationality.

I use my Irish/Italian heritage as an excuse all the time.

This weekend, my excuse will be Vegas. :)