1000 Calories a Day

Options
lahalab
lahalab Posts: 41 Member
Hi, i'm 5'4 and i weigh 155, trying to eat a 1000 cal a day but it's so hard to think of healthy dinners. Any ideas?
i'm also doing the c25k three times a week..

Replies

• woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating so little?
  • lahalab
    Options
    Trying to lose weight...Would like to get to 130 by June 1st.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating so little?

THIS. You don't need to eat so little, especially if you are running 3x/week.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    1200 is the recommended minimum unless you're under medical supervision. You need more than that, especially on days you run!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you could eat more, I would do some checking around and see. Also, your weight loss goals may be too aggressive.
  • emo1124
    emo1124 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm similarly sized (same height, started at 151), and I have been losing weight fairly steady with a net calorie intake of 1200-1300 (down 10 pounds since end of January). I eat back my exercise calories too, without feeling guilty at all :) You don't want to eat so little!! You will be miserable and never keep it up, and your body needs to be getting enough fuel. You don't have to deprive yourself so much to see results.
  • NewMomNewME24
    NewMomNewME24 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you eat more, especially if you are working out also.

Please take a look at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Starving yourself is not the way to lose weight. I'm also 5'4" and weighed 138 and lost 14 pounds in 3 months by eating 1350 to 1600 calories a day. Please stop starving yourself and the weight will probably come off even faster! Also, I did that without doing a whole lot of strenuous exercise.
  • lahalab
    Options
    is that for 5'4 females?
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Huge salads...but I agree that 1000 calories seems to be too few.
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    1200 net, maybe. 1000 with exercise? No.
    Here:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    So at 28 years old, 5'4" and 155 lbs, exercising 3 hours (light) per week, you're burning an average of 1950 calories per day.
    Losing 25 lbs in 2 months is unreasonable for you. Even if you succeed, you will need an even lower goal weight because you'll probably lose about 5-7 lbs of muscle in the process.

Try eating 120g protein daily with a total calorie intake of 1600. You should lose about a pound every 10 days in a healthy manner.

Or do about 1500 on rest days and 1700 on C25k days.
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Good golly, is this for real?

OP- 1000 calories isnt enough for your body to complete its daily functions in a healthy manner on a daily basis, not including your exercise. You aren't giving your body enough fuel for what you want it to do. You need to eat more, for sure. Find your BMR and make sure you net at least that.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    You should eat more.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    So at 28 years old, 5'4" and 155 lbs, exercising 3 hours (light) per week, you're burning an average of 1950 calories per day.
    Losing 25 lbs in 2 months is unreasonable for you. Even if you succeed, you will need an even lower goal weight because you'll probably lose about 5-7 lbs of muscle in the process.

Try eating 120g protein daily with a total calorie intake of 1600. You should lose about a pound every 10 days in a healthy manner.

THIS!
  • dmeyers1969
    dmeyers1969 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Is that 1000 gross calories or do you also eat back your exercise calories?
    Either way, 1000/ day is very low, not really healthy
    How did you come up with this figure? I used the MFP tool and have stuck to the calorie goal and am losing consistently. That would be my suggestion for u.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", just completed C25K, ate 1700 calories a day and lost weight. Eat more!
  • miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and lost over 20 lbs eating 1500 cal a day, and also ran 3x a week. When I was eating less I was sad and hungry.