Body Bugg & Gowear Fit Users?

Options
Hi everyone, I"ve researched through the posts and checked a lot of online reviews, but I don't know if the Body Bugg/GoWear Fit is for me. I am really considering buying one, but I don't know if it is worth the expense and monthly membership. Does anybody use these devices? Do you feel like it was a worthwhile purchase or that you could have had the same results from a HRM? Have you had problems with it?

I have heard really good things about it, but I have heard bad as well. Do you log your food on the software? Is it effective? I would appreciate any information that you can give me to help me sort out the reviews. Thanks in advance. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• sexyvirgo911
    Options
    Hi. How funny I just was thinking about buying that too, but instead i went with the hrm. Its easire and I dont have to go and plug it into the computer. I just log the stuff here on MFP, when Im done excerising. I wanted things to be simpler, so hope that helps.
  • jer2kat
    jer2kat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump...

I'm also wondering what others think. I was considering buying one too but the Body Bugg has mixed reviews on other web sites so I wasn't sure after reading them.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I use the GoWearFit... I like it because I'm a numbers person and it's really fascinating to me to see my calorie expenditure charted over the course of the day. I did have problems with the watch being unreliable - i wouldn't recommend spending the money on that. I log my food on MFP and then just use the "estimate daily calories" in the GoWearFit program to dump my end-of-the-day total in there, so that it gives me my net calories burned/consumed....it works pretty well, actually. The "estimate daily calories" feature was added maybe 6 months back - I was quite happy when they added it.

Personally I like these more than HRM's because HRM's are not meant to be used to calculate calories all throughout the day - they're only made to be effective while exercising. The GoWearFit, on the other hand, is designed to be worn throughout the day. I can look at the calorie chart and see where I took the stairs down/up from lunch, walked to class, got up and down from my desk at work, etc. From what I can tell, the feature where it tracks your hours sleeping vs laying down is actually quite accruate. (at least it is for me.)

This product probably isn't for everyone, but as someone who like crunching numbers and seeing my calories charted for the whole day, I really like it.

Edited to add: The device isn't perfect - it is another method of estimating calorie expenditure, but everything I read about it makes a lot of sense to me, so I was willing to invest in it. It's like any motivational tool - you can use it well or you can buy it and end up not doing anything with it - it all depends on the user.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Check out the FitBit! I love love love it!
  • danazsweet
    danazsweet Posts: 52
    Options
    what's an hrm?
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    HRM = heart rate monitor
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    Bump...

I'm also wondering what others think. I was considering buying one too but the Body Bugg has mixed reviews on other web sites so I wasn't sure after reading them.

It is so hard to tell which ones are right, huh? I have a hard time spending that kind of money if it just ends up messing up on me. I read that their customer service is awful so I am not sure if I want to do it.
  • pressica
    Options
    I use the GoWearFit... I like it because I'm a numbers person and it's really fascinating to me to see my calorie expenditure charted over the course of the day. I did have problems with the watch being unreliable - i wouldn't recommend spending the money on that. I log my food on MFP and then just use the "estimate daily calories" in the GoWearFit program to dump my end-of-the-day total in there, so that it gives me my net calories burned/consumed....it works pretty well, actually. The "estimate daily calories" feature was added maybe 6 months back - I was quite happy when they added it.

Personally I like these more than HRM's because HRM's are not meant to be used to calculate calories all throughout the day - they're only made to be effective while exercising. The GoWearFit, on the other hand, is designed to be worn throughout the day. I can look at the calorie chart and see where I took the stairs down/up from lunch, walked to class, got up and down from my desk at work, etc. From what I can tell, the feature where it tracks your hours sleeping vs laying down is actually quite accruate. (at least it is for me.)

This product probably isn't for everyone, but as someone who like crunching numbers and seeing my calories charted for the whole day, I really like it.

Edited to add: The device isn't perfect - it is another method of estimating calorie expenditure, but everything I read about it makes a lot of sense to me, so I was willing to invest in it. It's like any motivational tool - you can use it well or you can buy it and end up not doing anything with it - it all depends on the user.

I really appreciate your input Trenton! I was kind of hoping there would be more users than one, but I now know that I don't need to spend any money on the display.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Bump...

It is so hard to tell which ones are right, huh? I have a hard time spending that kind of money if it just ends up messing up on me. I read that their customer service is awful so I am not sure if I want to do it.

Just an FYI - my experience with GoWearFit customer service has been mixed. I contacted them about problems with my watch display (it was showing different calories/exercise time than my device did upon upload to the computer) and they explained how to reset the device, which I did, but it didn't fix the problem and they weren't very helpful after that. That said, I didn't really push the matter and could've been more insistent on getting a refund or a new device - I was in school at the time and didn't want to spend the energy dealing with it. However, I contacted them on a later date to fix something associated with my account, and the took care of it right away without any problems...
  • pressica
    Options
    Check out the FitBit! I love love love it!

It kind of looks like a glorified pedometer. Is it worth the $99? I was reading that many people lose theirs. Where do you clip it/keep it so that it still tracks accurately and doesn't get lost?