Very bloated... help

Options
hope002
hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
In the last week or so I have been very bloated. My dairy is open, please have a look and help me understand what am I doing wrong.

Replies

• AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have two thoughts, T.O.M...? and it seems you eat alot of fiber! Or at least that amount would be alot to me....lol and it appears that the past few days you have upped your fiber intake?
  • hope002
    Options
    I have two thoughts, T.O.M...? and it seems you eat alot of fiber! Or at least that amount would be alot to me....lol and it appears that the past few days you have upped your fiber intake?

not T.O.M. I upped my fiber to help keep me regular, but it's not realy helping
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're eating very well! You should really increase your water intake as you are eating lots of fiber including the Metamucil. The fiber is great for you but you need lots of water to keep it moving along its merry way! Drinking the water will help you lose the bloat. I drink 4 ozs. of prune juice every morning and after 10 minutes I down 2 large glasses of water. This practice keeps everything "moving" very well.
    Keep up the great eating!
  • hope002
    Options
    Looks like you're eating very well! You should really increase your water intake as you are eating lots of fiber including the Metamucil. The fiber is great for you but you need lots of water to keep it moving along its merry way! Drinking the water will help you lose the bloat. I drink 4 ozs. of prune juice every morning and after 10 minutes I down 2 large glasses of water. This practice keeps everything "moving" very well.
    Keep up the great eating!
    I drink 100oz+ a day, should I drink more when taking Metamucil? I usualy drink 1 8oz glass with 1 tablespoon of metamucil as per instructions
  • hope002
    Options
    Any more thoughts?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Any more thoughts?

Poke yourself in the belly with a needle?
  • hope002
    Options
    Any more thoughts?

ha ha :)
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Try eating cucumbers and drinking green tea. That helps me with bloating!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Any more thoughts?

I was going to suggest a really good burp or really good fart...or the epic, both at the same time. Other than that...I got nothin'
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Any more thoughts?

I was going to suggest a really good burp or really good fart...or the epic, both at the same time. Other than that...I got nothin'

then you will implode!!! and fall into a deep black hole...at least your bloating will be gone.
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Sorry, i can't be much help. The only time i have experienced bloating was on a certain contraceptive pill; it didn't start straight away, it built up over the months, but it got to the stage where i actually felt less bloated and painful when i was on my period rather than off it! I had changed nothing recently, not my diet, nothing. My contraceptive pill was the only thing i could think of. I went to the doctors and told them, and they changed me without question. Almost immediately, the bloatedness disappeared and i felt light and slim again. Again, not much help, but it just shows that it may not be an obvious reason as to why you feel this way. Hope you sort it out, feeling constantly bloated is one of the worst feelings in the world.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    That's a whoooooole lotta Metamucil. Have you tried taking that supplement out?
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

This...if I have too much fiber in my diet...I can barely bend at the waist. lol
  • JohnDun
    JohnDun Posts: 140
    Options
    I would say visit a health food shop and get something like Senna Tablets which will help you I would think. Hope they work for you.

J
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Some of my pals on here swear by apple cider vinegar for bloating. I've not tried it myself but you can read more here:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/514377-how-to-mix-apple-cider-vinegar-to-reduce-bloating/
  • hope002
    Options
    I will stop taking it. The instructions say 3-4 tablestpoons a day is fine, I am taking 3. I didn't think that could be the reason.....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I will stop taking it. The instructions say 3-4 tablestpoons a day is fine, I am taking 3. I didn't think that could be the reason.....

Just try doing without for a couple of days and see if you still feel bloated. It's a supplement and not a whole source of fiber so your body may not be digesting it well.
  • Astacia74
    Astacia74 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Fiber can have adverse effects on some people. With the high level you are consuming and the fact that you recently increased it, I think it's pretty safe to say it's the fiber. Stop the Metamucil for a week or so and see how you feel.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I was suffering from bloat as well....It was suggested by others who found relief from it to take Apple cider Vinegar daily (Braggs ACV with "mother"). I put a tbsp in my 24 oz bottle of water 2-3 times a day. I have done it now for 2 week and I am finding it helps, I just started TOM and I have no bloat....now if it could help for the cramps I would be very happy! lol
  • redhatorade
    redhatorade Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had this once, and found out was pregnant. Just a thought...