How often should I be weighing myself?

Options
Some days I find myself obsessing over the scale to see if I've lost even 1/2 pound!! Some days I swear the scale is lying to me... It will say I lost a pound and then two days later I'm back where I was... Should I hide the scale for two weeks at a time?

Replies

• syntaxxor
    syntaxxor Posts: 86
    Options
    Once a week or once every two weeks. On the same day of the week, at the same time.
  • Bwneyegirl
    Options
    Same here, I try to weigh myself once a week on the same day, in the morning after getting out the shower.
  • cerexflikex
    Options
    I go with once a month.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Every day, first thing in the morning after you use the bathroom.

More data = better trends.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week "seriously" but sometimes I check it 2-3 times a week, particularly if I didn't have the loss I was expecting when I weighed myself at my regular time.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Pre-poop, post-poop, and always post-binge. It's fun.

Kidding.

Once a month. The scale is a lying, deceptive POS.
  • kimmykimmy77
    kimmykimmy77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning but I'm really not sure if that's the right thing to do, I just can't help myself lol I've heard once a week is the way to go, like every monday or whatever day works best for you :)
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Every day, first thing in the morning after you use the bathroom.

More data = better trends.

Agreed.
  • syntaxxor
    syntaxxor Posts: 86
    Options
    Pre-poop, post-poop, and always post-binge. It's fun.

Kidding.

Once a month. The scale is a lying, deceptive POS.
    I always wanted to try the post-poop thing.
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I weigh my self 2 to 3 times a week if not everyday to see how my mood and food habits effect my weight. Along with motivation to kick bum in workouts
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I started doing it every two weeks. This year, I've just done it once a month. I find I focus more on the process and less on the results (I figure if I focus on the process, the results will take care of themselves.)
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. Always first thing in the morning, before I have eaten anything and naked before I get in the shower. I won't touch it any other time of day. There is too much fluctuation for that.

I feel I have to weigh every day because my weight does change so much. I can swing as much as 4 pounds from day to day. How would I know if my weight was up or down if I don't check it every day ?
  • Ironhead3td
    Ironhead3td Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on sunday morning. If I'm too busy Sunday morning, for some reason I wait til wedneday morning and then start again sunday. This isn't expert advice just my routine for weighing myself.
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I weigh every 2 weeks, otherwise I'm always on the scale myself.
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Once a week - same day in the morning b4 breakkie with minimal clothing...
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily as well but only record it on Wednesday morning always in just undergarments
  • ohmynicoley
    ohmynicoley Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but only log it once a week. It works for me. You just have to figure out whats best for you.
  • radicalrom
    Options
    Because I am on a diet, I weigh myself once a week (every Sunday morning). When I am not dieting, it is more like once a month, ok maybe once every 2 months.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Only weigh yourself if you're consistent with your food, exercise, and sleep... otherwise you may have to switch to just body tape measurements.
  • Fatbirdtalking
    Options
    I usually weigh once a week, as soon as I get up