Drinking crystal lite in my water! Bad or not!

Options
I drink lots of water. But I put crystal lite in it every time. So is this a bad thing or not. I'm not sure. What do you think. I need to lose 20lbs by the end of June.

Replies

• SpinCyn
    SpinCyn Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i would like to know aswell!
  • CoffeeLaceAddict157
    Options
    It does add flavor to water but it's not much :/ plus I had it on my kitchen table and spilled the pitcher, it took the finish off my table! I don't like it much anymore lol
    As for weight loss, it's got the same benifits as water and doesn't really make you lose or gain weight.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt it will affect your weight loss one way or the other. I have a 20 ounce bottle every weekday with my lunch. I doubt the 10 calories will make or break you.

Try just eating natural healthy foods in the proper portions at a slight calorie deficit and exercise. I like weightlifting 3x a week and cardio-intervals (alternating 2 min. walking and 1 min running) in between.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Probably better than the sugar water people call "soda" ... but loaded with chemicals, so if you want flavored water, just squeeze some lemon in it would be my advice.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of water. But I put crystal lite in it every time. So is this a bad thing or not. I'm not sure. What do you think. I need to lose 20lbs by the end of June.

You'll get lots of answers... but here's mine -- if it helps you drink more water... go for it. A lot of people are against it because of the chemicals... we're gonna die some day anyways, why not enjoy your water.

I would argue that plain water is better, and you'll grow to like it (I swear) -- but if you must, add it to your water. It won't kill you.

20 pounds is pretty aggressive for an end of June goal... but good luck on your way. How are you doing so far?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong with it. There is nothing in there that is in any way harmful to you or your progress.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong with it. There is nothing in there that is in any way harmful to you or your progress.

Word!
  • sportzmom23
    sportzmom23 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I say if it helps, do it. I slice a lemon half into my water bottle, or freeze berries and add them. Tho I am one of those who loves water,so don't need much to please me
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I say get your body used to not having the artificial sweetner. artificial anything is not good. I think if you crave flavored water..then infuse it naturally..I know it is hard because it's not as convenient as a little bottle you squirt but, I am sure it is healthier than whatever chemicals that are in there to make it taste good and preserve it. maybe squirt less until you get used to none.

They sell cups now too that has a center you can add, lemon and cut fruit to infuse the water.

Natural is usually healthier IMO
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    For me, bad. Very, very, very bad. As in, spend half the day in the bathroom bad.

Artificial sweeteners and I do not get along.

Lemon, cucumber, berries...yes.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Natural is usually healthier IMO

Agreed. Except in case of snake poison, when natural = deadly actually. :bigsmile:

But, as our bodies go, they deal with unwanted/unneeded materials pretty well, so if you've got some junk in there balanced out by mostly natural/healthy things, then that's still alright IMHO.

I'm personally looking forward to watermelon season (soon!), cause watermelon juice is like ... omg.
  • sportzmom23
    sportzmom23 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Have at the berries, I share all ideas :happy:
    , or freeze berries and add them.

That's actually a really great idea. Mind if I plagerize that?

Back when I used to enjoy cocktails (before I went down this journey), I used to infuse bottles of vodka and use them in all sorts of drinks.

I never thought of trying it with water.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options

You'll get lots of answers... but here's mine -- if it helps you drink more water... go for it. A lot of people are against it because of the chemicals... we're gonna die some day anyways, why not enjoy your water.

I would argue that plain water is better, and you'll grow to like it (I swear) -- but if you must, add it to your water. It won't kill you.

20 pounds is pretty aggressive for an end of June goal... but good luck on your way. How are you doing so far?
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Has anyone tried the new crystal light that is the liquid form like the Mio?? For some reason it has zero cals instead..(no clue why) but the Peach Bellini is A-mazingly delish!
  • radicalrom
    Options
    I use 1 packet a day (10 calories) that is the powder that goes into my water. I have tried a few different flavors and the lemonade, strawberry with caffeine taste the best. The grape is a week flavor. In regards is it bad or good. For calories, I feel it is great and I always drink it in the morning and if I do need caffeine, than I go with the caffeine ones. I figure it is better than my normal 2 liters of mountain dew I use to drink daily before my diet (now I have a 16 fl. oz once a week).

In regards the health issues, there are so many articles that say it is not bad for you and so many articles saying it is good for you, so dunno. I am going to try a Pepsi One soon because that looks like it has Splenda in it. Maybe that will be healthier. Who knows.