NSV- Smaller bridesmaid dress!!!!

Options
beckers_99
beckers_99 Posts: 41 Member
So, I was asked to be in a friend's wedding this coming June. A little background story first... I had been in my sister's wedding last year and had gotten a size 12 dress. Let's just say, I had to lose weight last year to fit in it, felt good and looked nice but then after her wedding, boom I went back up to 175 pds. Well, at the beginning of this year I decided that I was going to truly change how I live my life and started on my weigh-loss journey again. Well, right after that decision, my friend asked me to be a bridesmaid. Now remember, I was just starting out again and so I told her, give me a little time to think about it, I didn't want to be a heavy bridesmaid....So my first month, I didn't really do great but told her yes. Well I just ordered my dress, a size 10, yeah from last year's size...but then when I was talking with the dress store I said "can I come and try this on" and luckily, they had 2 sized, a size 8 and a size 10. Well here's where the NSV comes in, I've gone down from a size 12 last year to a size 8!!!!!

Replies

• Ashleyambermfp
    Ashleyambermfp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is a great NSV
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    yay! that's really exciting!!!! keep up the hard work! i'm sure you will look beautiful, especially because i know you will be smiling!
    i worked in the bridal industry and so i know how tough it can be doing measurements/sizing, especially with people who are self-conscious. i'm sure the people at the store were pleased for you as well!
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!! Way to go :)
  • Cherity7852
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing NSV!!! Congratulations!
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • beckers_99
    beckers_99 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I am smiling with this, and will continue to :) I've made some decisions lately that are a good thing for me and my life and I feel blessed!! I'm so glad that I've found this website and awesome people!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!