Want to try shakeology

Options
So what's the deal with this shakeology craze? 120 bucks a bag is it worth it? Anyone know where I can get it?

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Not worth it.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Go to teambeachbody.com and go to the shakeology page. :)

It is well worth the money. It gives you great, natural energy. My immune system drastically improved after drinking this once a day. Definitely give it a shot!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    he's trolling. he's anti-beachbody. look at his most recent posts.

let's kill the thread before it starts.
  • flex500
    flex500 Posts: 63
    Options
    there is nothing "wrong" with shakeology per say...but also nothing special about it. It's WAY overpriced....I mean shamelessly overpriced. You can do all this stuff on your own for a fraction of the cost it's not brain surgery. Don't get caught up in the hype of their "special program". That is unless you want to and in that case have at it. It's not magical though.
  • baileybiddles
    Options

Oh, great, another one. Why can't people just be accepting of other people's methods? I don't eat clean but I'm not bashing the people who do. BAH
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options

I've said the programs are overpriced yes. This makes me anti beachbody how? Seriously I've never tried it but I'm certainly not gonna spend 120 dollars to try something. Can I get a smaller bag at like Gnc or vitamin shoppe
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Beachbody programs are a ripoff they work yea but why spend 120 dollars on a workout program you can get for free?

sorry if I misinterpreted that post... can't be too careful with folks around here who want to rip you apart left and right for mentioning the word shakeology.

no, there aren't smaller bags, and you can only get it through beachbody.com or through a beachbody coach. and as of april the cost is going UP. one of the reasons I've stopped selling it.
  • jalloggio
    Options
    Beachbody programs are a ripoff they work yea but why spend 120 dollars on a workout program you can get for free?

sorry if I misinterpreted that post... can't be too careful with folks around here who want to rip you apart left and right for mentioning the word shakeology.

no, there aren't smaller bags, and you can only get it through beachbody.com or through a beachbody coach. and as of april the cost is going UP. one of the reasons I've stopped selling it.

Why is it going up? Also how much will it be on April 1st.

I personally think their programs are over rated. But hey if it works for you more power to ya.
  • baileybiddles
    Options

He could get lucky though and find a coach that has samples. My coach just ordered some and is giving me a few different flavors to try before commiting to a big bag.

Putting it into perspective, it's around 4 dollars per shake. This is a complete meal replacement shake with so much good stuff packed into it I can't even begin to list... And it's for the same price that your morning coffee and bagel or donut or muffin costs, and its WAY better. That's what changed my mind.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

I personally think their programs are over rated. But hey if it works for you more power to ya.

to each their own - i think the programs are mind-blowingly good, especially when taking someone from zero to 60. even if you've got no training experience whatsoever, the programs deliver pretty amazing results if you stick to them.

it'll be $130 instead of $120 due to... "rising costs of shipping and whey protein"

I kind of call BS on that part.
  • jalloggio
    Options

to each their own - i think the programs are mind-blowingly good, especially when taking someone from zero to 60. even if you've got no training experience whatsoever, the programs deliver pretty amazing results if you stick to them.

it'll be $130 instead of $120 due to... "rising costs of shipping and whey protein"

Well if that's the case I guess I can expect my whey protein made by muscletech to increase! I suppose if that do sent happen then yes it is bs lol.
  • jalloggio
    Options

He could get lucky though and find a coach that has samples. My coach just ordered some and is giving me a few different flavors to try before commiting to a big bag.

Putting it into perspective, it's around 4 dollars per shake. This is a complete meal replacement shake with so much good stuff packed into it I can't even begin to list... And it's for the same price that your morning coffee and bagel or donut or muffin costs, and its WAY better. That's what changed my mind.

I don't eat muffins or pastries. This stuff sounds like an overpriced organic meal replacement shake. Idk 130 a bag seems obnoxiously expensive no matter how you try and sell it.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    If you want to try Shakeology, most Beachbody Coaches will send you samples for free. I am a BB coach, but I try not to sell on MFP just in person, challenge groups, etc.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

And all the the "good stuff" are in efficacious dosages?
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options

Well if that's the case I guess I can expect my whey protein made by muscletech to increase! I suppose if that do sent happen then yes it is bs lol.

and just to be clear it is not a "protein shake" and it has quite few unique ingredients not found in any other shake.

This video explains what is in it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Co4HgJ-ZA

Plus the Tony Horton on.. https://www.youtube.com/user/BeachbodyVideo?v=HwgaeGBvm4c

I don't really care who drinks it, or if they buy it, but it is important to note that it really is not comparable to other meal shakes.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    FWIW, whey prices have increased but by 10 cents a kilo so not really something you'd need to pass on to customers buying an outrageously priced product to begin with.
  • Wildheart_Baby
    Wildheart_Baby Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had to find out what 'shakeology' was, so in essence its a meal replacement program, where they send you the shakes that you make up, sounds like yet another weight loss program that's been going round since people had money for food based weight loss programs, seems with a little knowlege and information, you can probably make your own nutritious shakes for less money but if someone wants to spend money on this that's their choice.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a good shake, you might try this one. Compare the ingredients to Shakeology - this one is much cleaner. (and cheaper)

http://myvega.com/products/vega-one-shake/features-benefits
  • baileybiddles
    Options

I don't eat muffins or pastries. This stuff sounds like an overpriced organic meal replacement shake. Idk 130 a bag seems obnoxiously expensive no matter how you try and sell it.

To each his own :) I personally find it worth the money; most home prepared meals are about 4 dollars or more to prepare anyway, but some people think it's too much. I understand both points of view one way or the other!
  • baileybiddles
    Options

And all the the "good stuff" are in efficacious dosages?

There are things in shakeology that you simply won't get through regular food or other meal replacement shakes;

http://www.shakeology.com/web/shakeology/the-science

At the bottom of this page are links to PDF's of full ingredient lists for all flavors of shakeology.

Regardless of what is in it and in what dose, for me, the benefits outweigh the cost. Boosted immunity, improved digestion and regularity, energy... It's just a great supplement.