MUST make major life changes, or else

Options
I was ordered here by my new Primary Physician. Today, he told me the blunt truth. The fact I have been ignoring my cholesterol for the past 20+ years coupled with the family history of heart issues (my mom’s and hers) If I don’t make a drastic change now, I WILL have a heart attack soon. I have just moved to this clinic and am very happy with the care I am receiving there for once. They really seem to listen to me. The brutal honesty I believe is what I need to actually make a change in my life, for my future. My grandmother died very young, I barely remember her. I want to be around for my new granddaughter to actually remember me and how much I love her. I fear to for my daughter who being raised by me, also doesn’t eat very well and is on the wrong path. My mom has already had a heart attack but has managed to still be around to meet her great grand baby, something I hope to see one day.
Day 1
Drank ALL my water & Joined this site to start tracking my meals

Replies

• cjcarter77
    cjcarter77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You made the first step! So proud of you!!! Feel free to add me, I will lend all that support that I can!
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Great that you are here! Little steps and do the best you can to get healthy! Stick with it and good luck!
  • Toddmiam
    Toddmiam Posts: 3
    Options
    Keep drinking that water. Helps to make you feel full and flushes out impurities. I learned from my Health & Nutrition class last semester that it's a good idea to drink about 16 ozs. of cold water before each meal and just before bedtime. It lowers your core body temperature thus causing your body to work harder to bring the temperature back up to normal. Forces a metabolic state...burns calories. Just thought I'd pass on a bit of what I learned. Keep it up!