Jillian Michaels Flush

Options

Replies

• abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Today I started a flush by Jillian Michaels and was wondering if anyone else has done this and if it worked?

Jillian Michaels recipe for losing 5 pounds in 7 days...

Get 60 ounces of distilled or pure water...
    Add a tablespoon of sugar free cranberry juice...
    Add 1 dandelion root tea bag and...
    Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.

This recipe works because it helps flush out excess water weight you have carrying around in your body and...

You could lose more than 5 pounds in 7 days depending on how much excess water weight you're carrying around

I believe it works just by reading the ingredients.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    If our bodies were truly filled with 'toxins' why the heck aren't we dead by now? Please tell me what these so called toxins are.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Options
    If our bodies were truly filled with 'toxins' why the heck aren't we dead by now? Please tell me what these so called toxins are.
    You know..."teh toxinz, omgzzz!".

Funny how cleanse/detox advocates never are able to produce a specific list of what "toxins" they supposedly rid the body of (and any kind of scientific proof that a cleanse/detox is actually effective at doing so).
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Since the "water weight" topic was brought up... There's fruits and vegetables with diuretic properties. Carrots, cabbage, cucumbers, watermelon.
  • Isisa93
    Options
    So any idea where I can buy the dandelion root in Canada and is that whole cranberries or wat?
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    So any idea where I can buy the dandelion root in Canada and is that whole cranberries or wat?

Most health stores.
  • Isisa93
    Options
    So from wat I'm reading its not for most ppl right?
  • bok00
    bok00 Posts: 1
    Options
    Isn't there a risk of dehydration? If you are actively exercising and consuming dandelion which is a diuretic, isn't there the risk you are potentially dehydrating your body? This form of weight loss sounds more like that fad drink called the "Hollywood Diet".. I don't consider this a real weight loss.. I just saw dandelion publicized on Dr. Oz. Then again, he has a half dozen supplements on every show that is suppose to be a miracle cure for whatever ails you.. I think he is on the take with these manufacturers of these base components he is pushing.
  • lynnie_6084
    lynnie_6084 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Duckeyfinn17
    Duckeyfinn17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was just going to start mine tomorrow!!!! I found it on pinterest!!!
  • terriemeans
    terriemeans Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just began this today and am wondering how often should this detox be done?
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Eat normally and drink the tea
  • nwsunshinemomo
    Options
    I drink a detox tea (Taso) all day along with my regular daily food and drinks.....it works for me
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If you lose any weight on this it's because you are eating hardly anything.

Why would you do that to yourself? Your body doesn't need a cleanse. It needs food. Good, happy, healthy food. And it needs it NOW. Not in seven days. NOW.
  • lazarek
    lazarek Posts: 1
    Options
    HOEW OFTEN CAN YOU DRINK IT?
    EVERY WEEK? IS IT JUST SOMETIMES?
    I CANT FIND THE ANSWER ONLINE.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The thing about water weight is that it comes back within a matter of days. Flushes like this are not sustainable. You can't keep doing it the rest of your life.
  • lindowja
    Options
    Wouldn't this work the same if you used the teabag in a regular cup of tea and put some lemon in your ice water throughout the day?
  • JordanSayer
    Options
    @quirkytizzy You eat and drink and maintain your normal diet, you are just adding the 60oz to your everyday intake, you do not cut anything out! Youre not cutting out any food
  • traceyalbert2
    traceyalbert2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My co-worker & I started this the Jillian Michaels Flush today!
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I did this, tasted NASTY and lost 1.5lbs....