Does any one have any advice for me?

Stop hating on carbs.

This
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    191685ce-4f4e-4c7d-8c38-c0b8003490cb_zps4faba0fc.jpg

1e5d25f4-0dbd-426e-9019-d360b129083f_zps9caf145c.jpg

Take everything that's not carbs out of these ^^ and I promise you, they're still delicious.

Edit to resize pics
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a problem eating a lot of pasta and breads too. What I do is just limit like... one carb per meal. Like a peice of toast with breakfast, sandwich for lunch (thin bread, or a topless sandwich), and usually no carbs for dinner, or I might have pasta every now and then.

Just eat carbs in moderation.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    You can replace baked/boiled potato with sweet potato. Instead of mashed potato you can make mashed cauliflower & carrots. Replace flour with coconut or almond flour .
    Replace carbs with protein based meals.
    Happy to PM you some recipe suggestions if you like.
  • passmetheducksauce
    passmetheducksauce Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    you need to focus on all three macronutrients which are fats carbs and proteins. just because you consume less carbs do not mean you will lose weight.
  • SweetpeaHu
    SweetpeaHu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have to watch my carb intake too since I'm considered pre-diabetic. I love rice and bread, and pasta! I do still eat all of them, but make sure that I'm eating whole wheat, and I switched to black rice (which has half the calories of brown rice and less carbs). I started substituting spaghetti noodles with spaghetti squash. I threw away all processed food (chips, etc). I gave up low fat yogurt for non-fat Greek yogurt, and still eat cheese from time to time. I've been at it for six weeks, and can't tell you how much energy I have. I feel so much better.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    I thought I "needed" to eat less carbs too. Not so. I just need to eat balanced. I took IPOARM's calculations and set my macros at 45% Carbs/ 25% Fat/ 30% Protein Today is my first day and it is far more feasible to hit my macros than what I was doing before. I feel better too...
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Eat less foods with carbs in them. :huh:

I can't believe it even needs to be said.