Cleansing Diets

Hey, I always read about people trying out cleansing drinks to help detox the body, and loose weight...do they really work?

http://www.md-health.com/Detox-Drinks.html

Here are a few detox drinks I came across online. Has anyone tried them?

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Cleanses are unnecessary. You've already passed the food through your system - there's no cleansing that. Your body also has a system specifically designed for cleansing - digestive and waste systems. Barring a legitimate medical concern with those (IBS, for one) all you will be doing is restricting your calories. And likely in an unhealthy and unpleasant way that will include hunger, headaches, weakness, and diarrhea.

Introduce whole, healthy foods into your diet. Start today. You will be building good habits and feel much fuller.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    NO.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Cleanses are unnecessary. You've already passed the food through your system - there's no cleansing that. Your body also has a system specifically designed for cleansing - digestive and waste systems. Barring a legitimate medical concern with those (IBS, for one) all you will be doing is restricting your calories. And likely in an unhealthy and unpleasant way that will include hunger, headaches, weakness, and diarrhea.

Introduce whole, healthy foods into your diet. Start today. You will be building good habits and feel much fuller.

I was trying to think of something else to add, but this pretty much sums it all up.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,412 Member
    428525_498199443538868_491553588_n_zps909a70c2.jpg
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    I find browsing MFP results in me going to the bathroom more frequently to cleanse my mind of some of the insanity I read.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    428525_498199443538868_491553588_n_zps909a70c2.jpg

I love this gif. I want this gif. In possible a creepy and biblical manner.
  • My sister actually just did a "juice cleanse" over this past weekend. It was all vegetable based (including carrot, kale, celery, tomato, etc.,) and consisted of drinking 64oz of freshly made juice each day. She actually lost 5lbs and her craving for sweets was significantly minimized. I might try it out!