Food Combining for weightloss anyone doing this???

Options
:flowerforyou:

My sister has lost 13 pounds using food combining. Has anyone done this? It is a great way to eat and helps many digestion problems and is supposed to help one lower cholesterol etc...

I started on it today.

Please write me at commit2change@aol.com and let me know if it has worked for you and what receipes you are using or websites. etc...

Thanks

Replies

• NikkiLaFleur
    Options
    Would you mind explaining what that is?
  • Breathe_Glamour
    Options
    I just read up on it - before your post I'd never heard of it before. It seems kind of tough IMO...
  • danazsweet
    danazsweet Posts: 52
    Options
    I have done that before and the weight fell off of me... just kinda hard to keep it up because americans don't eat that way... but here's the simple version of it that worked well for me...

eat only protein with veggies
    eat only carbs with veggies
    don't mix carbs and protein unless you add beans
    eat fruit alone.
  • Breathe_Glamour
    Options
    I have done that before and the weight fell off of me... just kinda hard to keep it up because americans don't eat that way... but here's the simple version of it that worked well for me...

eat only protein with veggies
    eat only carbs with veggies
    don't mix carbs and protein unless you add beans
    eat fruit alone.

This makes everything I just read much easier to understand lol. I think I'll try it - it doesn't sound too hard...as a matter of fact I think I would probably not eat any carbs at all.
  • commit2change
    Options
    Thanks for the information.

Am trying it. Today I had cabbage with chicken in it. I cooked it with onion, garlic, tomatoes and just let it cook to the point it almost looks like chinese food. Added a lil spice and teryaki and it was great.

Also ate an avocado. Then I sliced and fried zuchhini (fried it on my Morningware grill) and put lemon pepper salt on it and it was great. All good food but no fat.

For supper I had chicken wrapped in spinach leaves and dipped them in hot sauce and I was full.

Later will have a few frozen pineapple chunks and grapes for dessert and onto tomorrrow. They don't have to be frozen but they are like mini popsicles. Sometimes I just use my Nuwave Twister and make ice/smoothies with fruit and add almond milk and it is so yummy.

It is a great way to lower cholesterol.

For breakfast I had oatmeal with almond milk on it. Just love that almond milk. It is the absolute best and smooth and creamy and very healthy for you too.

Thanks for sharing your information with me and anyone needing info I have several websites on food combining and it works great.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    the only difference bw fruit and veggies is the amount of sugar

...i like fruit in my salads. and i JUST started to do it. so i can't commit to this.