Mexican Turkey Egg White Cups

Options
ericadawn92
ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
Just made this, adapted from a recipe from fitfreakgeek on instagram :) Let me say...just had one of these as an afternoon snack and I'm currently trying hard not to eat them all! I topped mine with some salsa and it was DELICIOUS!

Ingredients:
-1 medium onion, diced
-1 medium red bell pepper, diced
-1 tsp olive oil
-5oz ground turkey
-1 1/2 cups 100% egg whites
-1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
-chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin

Preheat your oven to 350.

Brown the ground turkey in a pan with some chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin (I just eyeball it), then put it in a bowl to the side. Combine the olive oil, onion, and peppers in a pan with more chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin and cook until soft. Add the veggies to your bowl of turkey and mix together.

In a GREASED muffin tin, evenly distribute your meat/vegetable mix. Then pour the egg whites in the cups, distributing evenly. Put in the oven and bake for a few minutes (wasn't paying attention to time...not too long, just pay attention!) until you can see the egg whites are STARTING to cook through. Take the muffin tin out of the oven and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the cups. Put it back in the oven and continue baking a few more minutes until the egg whites are completely cooked -- they will start to pop away from the sides of the tin and look more solid.

VOILA! You're done. And like I said, they taste AWESOME topped with salsa :)

With the ingredients I used, each cup came out to 66 cals: 3.2g fat, 2g carbs, and 6.7g protein!

Replies