Chicken recipes WANTED

Options
We have chicken grilled on the George Foreman pretty often. We switch up the seasoning and marinades, but I would love some original, new chicken recipes..possibly crock pot ones??

Replies

• ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    The BBC Good Food website has some realy good chicken recipes. The Chicken Saag is one of my favourites!

Ax
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I made a chicken and veg soup that I think is pretty healthy and tastes fab!!

2 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
    1 clove garlic finely finely diced
    3 baby courgettes diced
    50-100g of green beans cut into 2cm lengths
    3 sticks of celery cut up
    100g diced mixed cabbage (asda do ready cut bags)
    Chicken stock made using one cube Knorr stock cube = 450mls
    500mls boiling water

In a large saucepan add a little ground nut or olive oil and gently fry garlic and cut up chicken until chicken all coloured. Add green beans and celery and cook for 5-10mins. Add courgettes and cabbage, cook for 5 mins. Add stock and water, season to taste and then simmer for 20-30 mins until chicken done. I leave it chunky but you can blend if you prefer a smoother soup.
  • KaraLee69
    KaraLee69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think I read this basic recipe on here actually....I made it the other night and everyone loved it. Super easy.

Chicken breasts
    Jar of Salsa
    Can of black beans
    Envelope of taco seasoning

(I used the extra large jar of salsa and 2 cans of black beans so we would have left overs).

Put in chicken, dump all else on top. When chicken in done, take it out and shred it with forks. Put back in, stir and enjoy.
    YUM!
  • lowcaloriecupboard
    Options
    Here's a link to my recipe for Crispy Chicken Tenders. They are good on they're own, or in a salad or wrap!

http://ahealthiermeahealthieryou.blogspot.ca/2013/03/crispy-chicken-tenders.html

Let me know how yours turn out!
  • gettingfitx
    Options
    YUMMY! Thanks everyone.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    My husband likes this: get 5 0r 6 large fresh tomatoes, or two cans of tomatoes. Whatever you like. 4 chicken thighs, or beasts, place chicken and tomatoes in crock pot, season with salt, pepper and basil, and garlic to taste. (or just use a jar of pasta sauce if you find it easier) cook on low 5-6 hours.
    One that I enjoy is, take a left over chilled chicken breast, slice crosswise onto 1/2" pieces. coat with olive oil, then toss in a spice mixture of turmeric, salt, pepper, curry, and garlic. Cook on each side just until golden.
  • rcravy
    rcravy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken & Potatoes (2 servings)
    1 tsp of chipotle sauce
    1 tbls olive oil
    1.5 tsp garlic powder
    1.25 tsp paprika
    .5 tsp salt substitute
    12 oz cubed potatoes (I use the teeny tiny yellow ones and cut them in 1/3)
    Mix all of the ingredients above into a large Ziploc bag, shake until all coated then put mixture in a 400* oven until potatoes are cooked, 30 or 40 minutes stirring every 10 minutes.

Meanwhile add 1 Can of chicken breast, rinsed and patted dry, to the Ziploc bag and coat with remaining mixture. When potatoes are done, take out and add chicken and top with 1/2 cup light mozzarella cheese and some diced green onions. Return to oven for about 10 minutes. I like to crispy the cheese under the broiler for a minute or two.
  • Nana82Much
    Nana82Much Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • XxfitforeverxX
    Options
    You should check out Pinterest!
  • lowcaloriecupboard
    Options
    Here's a link to my recipe for Crispy Chicken Tenders. They are good on they're own, or in a salad or wrap! I've posted other low cal recipes too :)

http://lowcaloriecupboard.blogspot.ca/2013/03/crispy-chicken-tenders.html
  • Jamtart9
    Jamtart9 Posts: 13
    Options
    I make this all the time, it's really good on a bed of lettuce with some salsa and sour cream, maybe some shredded cheese if you are splurging. It's also good in soft corn tortillas for tacos, if you don't use crispy shells you avoid the oil. You could make this in a crock pot, but I usually just boil it on the stove in my 4 quart pot.

Shredded Chicken for Tacos, Salads Burritos Etc.
    1 1/2lbs. chicken breasts, boneless skinless( about 3-4 )
    4 cups water
    1 teas. salt
    1/3 teas. pepper
    1/2 teas. garlic powder
    1 teas. onion powder
    2 teas. chili powder
    1 teas. dry oregano
    1/4 teas. cumin powder

Thoroughly wash your chicken and then simply add all of the ingredients to a medium to large skillet, or, sauce pan big enough to hold everything. Bring it to a boil and boil for about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low to medium low and simmer for about 30 minutes with the lid cracked. You’re looking for a nice little bubble.

After about 40 minutes, most but not all of the liquid should have evaporated and the chicken should be falling apart when poked with a spoon or spatula. Go ahead and shred it with your spatula or spoon and remove from heat to cool slightly. It should look like the picture. It’s ready for tacos.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I think I read this basic recipe on here actually....I made it the other night and everyone loved it. Super easy.

Chicken breasts
    Jar of Salsa
    Can of black beans
    Envelope of taco seasoning

(I used the extra large jar of salsa and 2 cans of black beans so we would have left overs).

Put in chicken, dump all else on top. When chicken in done, take it out and shred it with forks. Put back in, stir and enjoy.
    YUM!
    I do something similiar but in the oven. I season chicken breast with taco or chili seasoning (whatever I have). Brown on both sides. Transfer to a baking dish and top with rotel diced tomatoes, mexican corn, and black beans (I drain all them first). Bake for 20 min, add mexican cheese and bake until cheese is melted. My kids love it
  • jenjenengine
    jenjenengine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One of my chicken meals is
    -chicken breast (warm)
    -lettuce
    -tomatoe
    -honey mustard
    On a hamburger bun
    Its easy to make and under 300 cal.
  • MsCarlalalala
    Options
    Take the same chicken you grill on the forman, but top it with sauteed peppers, mushrooms and onion. I saute red and green bell pepper, onion strips with sliced mushrooms in a little oil olive. when soft add some tomato paste and a little water. Simmer and pour over your chicken. Yum!
  • ganjgotme247
    Options
    Bump
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    How about some Asian flair?

1/2 cup orange marmalade
    1/2 cup orange juice
    2 tbsp honey
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tsp ground ginger

Toss all your ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Lower heat to about medium and cook until it thickens, stirring every so often. Pour over your grilled chicken and happy eating! I seriously adore this sauce. And it's so darn easy to make!
  • seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Just finished a bowl of this - from Pinterest, although I think it might be originally a Campbell's recipe! It's great!

Fiesta Chicken Casserole: 2 cups chicken breast grilled & cubed 2 cups medium shell pasta cooked 2 cups cheddar/jack cheese blend 1 can of cream of chicken soup 1 can Rotel 1 can green chilies 1/2 cup of milk Cover with cheese salt and pepper to taste! Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Really easy and good. I make this for the week and eat it over brown rice with a veg on the side or on a low carb wrap

3TBS of low sodium taco seasoning
    1 cup chicken broth
    Chicken

Mix chicken broth and taco seasoning
    Dump over chicken in crockpot and cook on low for about 8 hours.
    Shred
  • troystweets
    Options
    Last night I cute chicken breasts into strips (like a tenderloin, just didn't have any on hand) and rolled them in brown sugar mixed with chili powder. Then I wrapped a piece of bacon around them and put a little more of the brown sugar mixture over the top. I cooked it in the oven (375 for about 20 minutes or so) and then turned on the broiler to make the bacon crispier.
    It was delicious! ALL of the family loved it. :)
  • stacek4
    stacek4 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My go-to recipe is Mozzarella and Spinach stuffed chicken!
    And the recipe can be adjusted to however many people you're looking to feed

Preheat oven to 425 degrees
    4 chicken breasts
    Spinach
    Fat free Mozzarella shredded cheese
    Whichever seasonings you like most (I usually use garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning, chili powder, and oregano)

Pound out the chicken so that they're long and wide enough to be rolled up. In a bowl mix sauteed or steamed spinach (however much you'd like), the seasonings, and the shredded cheese. Lay the mix out on top of each breast, then roll up and use a toothpick to hold together. Sprinkle either whatever seasoning is left or any other seasoning on top of each breast and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
    I usually serve with a side of brown rice and either steamed or sauteed veggies. :-)