Drinks in your food diary?

Options
I have just been looking at a few food diarys to get some inspiration and I notice that most people don't seem to be adding any drinks in their daily allowance (in fact, none that I looked at did). Is this correct? I'm just thinking that since a cup of coffee for me is around 70 calories, then this is going to potentially mount up during the day. Or is everyone just drinking water only!?!? :tongue: :ohwell:

Replies

• Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I only log drinks if there are calories to them. I drink water and diet sodas with zero calories. Your right if your coffee is 70 calories from the things you add you should log it.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    If it has calories I log it.

But, I typically only drink water anyway, so no drinks are logged for me other than protein shakes.
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Lol yeah I only drink water & zero coke. Hot water in the morning with my breakfast & morningtea (sometimes). Then pump water all day. Zero coke when Im feeling like something sweet but I havent always been like this.Oh and I did have a beer Saturday. Wine tomorrow, but I add all my drinks. It does cost calories.
  • HelllYeaHH
    HelllYeaHH Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well either I select the wrong coffee from the database (which just shows up as 1 cal) or you're having a really fancy cup of coffee with tons of milk and sugar or something.

I drink loads of tea and water and usually dont bother with adding it to my diary.
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, I log it
  • swagtier
    swagtier Posts: 53
    Options
    I only drink water so it's a waste to log it.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I only log things with calories. I pretty much only drink water and green tea anyway, so you wouldn't see anything in my diary except almond milk (which I use for shakes and cereal, etc., not really as a stand alone drink.)
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I log all drinks...calories or not
  • never124get
    never124get Posts: 163
    Options
    If I drink like orange juice or almond milk I'll log it but I usually just drink water.
  • JaneStanley8
    JaneStanley8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    :sad: Oh well. I just can't give up those coffees (with semi skimmed milk - no sugar), so I guess I'm going to have to keep adding them. Thanks for all the replies though. :drinker:
  • mkeller234
    mkeller234 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I only drink water, black coffee and tea. I think the generic black coffee item is 5 calories, so I don't really bother with it. Definitely log it if it's got 70 calories.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I log coffee, tea, fruit teas and of course anything alcoholic. I don't drink much else other than water
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If a drink has calories then I log it but don't log water. Do people log supplements?? I notice that the calcium chews and other supplements have calories.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I log alcohol. Otherwise I drink water, black coffee, black tea, or diet soda and I do t log them
  • WendySPWarren
    WendySPWarren Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I log all of my drinks. They can really add up, and I would rather be aware of it and feel a little naughty than not be aware of it at all.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    :sad: Oh well. I just can't give up those coffees (with semi skimmed milk - no sugar), so I guess I'm going to have to keep adding them. Thanks for all the replies though. :drinker:
    That's ok! Nothing wrong with milk:)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink water and herbal teas so I don't log them. If I have tea or coffee made with milk then I log the milk. I don't really drink anything else that has calories but on the rare occasion I do, including alcohol, they will be logged.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    diet soda still has sodium, so it's worth logging if you're trying to keep that level intact.

People make the mistake of assuming it's just like water....

It's not gonna make you not lose weight, but it still needs logging
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I log coffee and alcohol, but I only tend to drink those on weekends.

I log all my water as water, and occasionally I have juice in it, which I log.

Maybe in the diaries you have seen, people are only drinking water. I have seen a lot of juice, soda and coffee in my friends diaries
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I log my coffee each morning, as well as any other drink that isn't calorie-free.