Workout videos at home

Options

Replies

• oaks67
    oaks67 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have my own gym at home (: I figured buying a good treadmill and used workout equipment is a lot cheaper then going out to a gym..... All i gotta do is go down a few stairs and Im there lol
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have lost 38 pounds total in a year. I didn't start working out until recently. I had to get down to a weight were I could actually get my butt off the couch and find the motivation. Anyway, I lost most of it with ONLY watching what I ate. Now I am working out at least 4 times a day. It is only 20 minutes right now but eventually I will add more. I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.
  • Shazzylee
    Shazzylee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I spent the first 10 months of my journey eating well and working out at home doing various workout DVD's IE. 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Zumba, Jazzercise, Jane Fonda, Denise Austin etc etc. I was so uncomfortable with myself that the thought of going to the gym made me feel extremely nervous, plus I had 3 kids at home with me and no car as hubby had it at work. I go to the gym now as well as workout at home still. I'm now also studying to be a Personal Trainer, so it can be done :happy:

The following photo is my progress in that very first 10 months. I lost 29.5kg/64.9lbs and 30.5cm/12in from my hips and 22.5cm/8.9in from my waist.

zsvwm.jpg
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options
    I've lost all my weight (over 40lbs in 7 months) with Jillian Michaels and Leslie Sansone in my living room while watching what I eat :)
  • wcugirl04
    wcugirl04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had to start from the bottom. After having 3 kids, a full time job, and what I felt like was no time, I lived a life where food was whatever convenient item I could find to feed my kids. I knew I needed to work out, so I started fitness pal in Jan of this year, and I ordered Shaun T's Rockin Body. It has a lot of workouts to choose from and was only 20 bucks. I try to never go over my allotted calories for the day and I work out at least 3 times a week (usually more but right now that is still my goal) for at least 30 minutes. So far, I have lost 20 lbs. I have no time for the gym, so I strictly work out from home. Now that my stamina is already improving, my next move is to either order Insanity or Turbo Fire. I have heard great things about both. Hope this helps. :smile:
  • wcugirl04
    wcugirl04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • kmr72
    kmr72 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I lost over 130lbs working out to videos at home. I worked out for two hours today with the firm vhs and Jullian Michaels DVD. I will be going shopping this weekend for more videos this weekend.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 95lbs and have only been to a real gym twice. I workout at home. I do have weights in my garage. Half of my weight loss came from my elliptical and treadmill. As of a year ago, they are long gone. I run, lift weights, create my own circuits, run bleachers, do Tae Bo, Jillian Michaels videos and I am currently 1/3 of the way finished with Insanity. I have 4 kids and the gym is 40 minute round trip so I just get creative with my home workouts.....and yes, for the most part I watch what I eat.

You look fabulous! Love the muscle!
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds and inches doing 30 day shred and walking.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I work out exclusively at home, with dumbbells on lifting days, and with videos or a run outside on cardio days. :)
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    <~~~ This all took place running at the local park and working out at home I have not stepped foot in a gym in 7 years
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids, and the closest gym to my house is 30 min so that's an hour of my day that I can't get back. So I work out solely at home, right now I'm on month 2 of Insanity and have lost a couple of lbs but I see my progress in my measurements more than anything......It is possible to workout at home and loose weight.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Try the Befit channel on youtube. They have new videos every few days so you can change.
  • oncearound
    oncearound Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have slowly advanced myself..I am one of those people that if it hurts too much, I am not going to do it...lol (creature of comfort). I started with Leslie Sansone as I haven't actually worked out in forever. Now I am working on Biggest Loser Cardio Max (Week One) and have 30-Day Shred waiting in the wings for when I finish Cardio Max. I can't afford the gym and with my work schedule, I wouldn't go because my schedule changes every day. The one thing I found helpful is to get a couple of different DVD's or change your exercise up when you can so you don't get bored and I personally think I lose weight better when I don't do the same things day after day (might just be because I am more apt to keep exercising when I do different things). I also ride bike when the weather gets nice and I am going to start C25K in early May (hoping the snow will have gone away by then and I can get outside to do the program). I think the best thing is to just do SOMETHING to get moving. You can lose weight doing nothing, but you look and feel better doing some sort of exercise. Good luck!
  • oncearound
    oncearound Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a gym membership since my mid 20's! I do everything at home, or out running. First starting out I got some of the Biggest Loser dvds (Cardio Max, and Power Sculpt were the 2 I had), Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, even a 90's Step aerobics VHS that I 'yoinked' from my mom. :laugh:
    You can absolutely lose weight successfully at home. Once I started getting more fit, I amped up the work outs by starting to run, and I bit the bullet and bought Insanity. LOVE INSANITY!! I added Turbo Fire to my collection at Christmas, and I really want Les Mills Combat. I've tried a couple Tae Bo dvds a friend lent me, too. I bought a treadmill off of Craigslist... but it's since died, so as soon as I save up, I'll be buying a new one! :happy: The running has become a recent obsession, as well. I'm addicted to races, mud run obstacle course events... and the "bling" at the end! :love:
    I'm pretty sure you can find things on Netflix, Hulu, or Youtube, as well. You'll do great!
    '

I noticed you do the mud run obstacle course events. My son and I are doing a Warrior Run this summer. It will be my first one. Any advice? At this point, I just want to finish. I thought it would be fun to do with my son. It has been one of my goals is to be able to keep up with my kids. He will be sixteen and is an athlete so I have set a high goal to keep up...lol.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I work afternoon shift and have a 3-year old at home with me all day. I can't go to the gym, so I workout at home. I love the Wii sports active games. I am currently doing an 8 week workout challenge called 'the Biggest Loser Challenge' on the wii and Gold's gym cardio workout along with jillian michael's 30 day shred and jillian michael's Kickbox fastfix. The only exercise equipment I use are 3&5 lb weights and resistance bands. It's all I need!
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. I have done Jillinan Michaels 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Burn Fat Boost Metabolism, Yoga Meltdown, Shred it with Weights, Extreme Shed and Shred. They are all fantastic. I wanted a little more intesity so I have just started Les Mills Combat. I have lost about 50 pounds and gotten much leaner in the process. If the weather is nice I got outside for a run but mostly do the videos. Find an accountability partner if you struggle. If you are doing the Beachbody workouts they have lots of challenge groups on their website or find someone on here that will ask everyday and hold you accountable. Feel free to add me and I will help you stay accountable.
  • Linda7218
    Options
    I am have been working out regularly for the past 33 years. I am currently 56 years old, 5’10” and 135pds. I have used many methods of working out to keep in shape. When I get bored with one I will switch to something else. I went from working out in a gym to working out in my basement for 4 years after I had our first son. I used a Nordic track ski machine and I would swear by that. I dropped all the weight I gained while pregnant and then some. I also started running which I had never done before and that too can put in amazing shape. You don’t have to start off becoming a marathon runner just start out slow and work your way up. It is a great way to lose weight and enjoy the outdoors at the same time. The last three years I went back to a gym which just changed hands and I am not real pleased with the new owners so I purchased the workout program Insanity and have been doing that at home for the past 6 weeks. It is hard but do what you can and work your way up. I can already see great results in my abs, legs and gluts. Good luck stay focused and you will see results.
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi since July I'm down 26 never stepping foot into a gym. I run or do work out DVDs . Best of luck to you.
  • Skinny625
    Skinny625 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love using The Firm workouts because they have a combination of cardio with strength training. Also I use my treadmill. The way to find out what types of workouts you would like that won't cost you any money is look into the workout videos at your local library.Maybe try out some of the videos that people are recommending. Good luck on this weight loss journey ! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!