Having problems eating ALL of my cals!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Darlin
    Darlin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just recently was told by my doctor, who specializes in thyroid and diabeties, that for someone who does not have diabeties my blood sugar was slightly up. For someone who does not have diabeties yet, he said that it should be below 100.. He also said the best way to keep from being diabetic was to lose weight.
    I also told him I was having trouble some days eating all the 1200 calories. He told me, dont eat them... but not to do that every day, but occasionally it will not hurt. just make you lose quicker. I hope this helps you. Good luck!!
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Robin...let me know what you figure out about getting those extra. I'm stuffed tonight and belly was hurting when I walked tonight. Was going to try for 2.5 miles instead of my regular 2 but changed my mind real quick since it was still so hot. Ah well...will pick up the pace tomorrow and will try to get most of my calories during the day instead of at dinner!

Dar...thanks for the advice! I'll keep on trying and hope that on most days I can come near my calorie goal. I'm just not going to stress about it for now and see what happens!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Darlin - thanks for sharing what your Dr. said. I'm not trying to come in under but I'm not going to force myself to eat when I'm not hungry. The article I had read about starvation mode is at http://caloriecount.about.com/truth-starvation-mode-ft28742. It helped me understand that it's not an automatic thing.

And Lori, I'll definitely let you know what I think about adding into my diet to increase calories during the day time. It's just hard because I already back a huge lunch bag that's stuffed with food to eat during the day. I think I'll have to consider what everyone said about nuts. Maybe keeping them on hand will help boost my calorie intake without making me feel so full. I guess I might even have to rethink breakfast to get more calories in. My daily oatmeal and berries gives me less an 200 calories - but it "sticks to my ribs" so I'm not hungry until 11 or 12!