Protein shake - PLEASE HELP!! xx

Options
who takes them?! Shall i add them to my diet?! When do you take them? What type?!

Replies

• demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I use the Body Fortress powder as it had the most protein content of the protein shakes at wallyworld. They're great especially if you're lifting or having trouble getting a decent amount of protein. Also this has a better flavor than the others I tried. (hated Jillian's and it barely had any protein in it...)
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I started using muscle milk cookies n creme flavor...mixed with regular almond milk...sooo yummy!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    If you need more protein in your diet then yes.

If you don't then no.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I started using muscle milk cookies n creme flavor...mixed with regular almond milk...sooo yummy!

Ooh I'll have to try that one. I haven't found a cookies n cream one.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    who takes them?! Shall i add them to my diet?! When do you take them? What type?!

I take whey protein and the premix protein shakes from costco. Since I'm currently on a 50% protein "fat shredding diet", I need to eat about 225g of protein a day. I could eat 4 to 5 6oz chicken breasts (or any other lean meat) to suffice that budget but I don't. I would take whey protein and the protein shakes as snacks in between the main meals and right after workout.
  • SAMC1989
    SAMC1989 Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies guys!

I got a protein shake - thought it was worth ago, starting to take it today! x
  • missjeevious
    missjeevious Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I"m doing NROLFW and EM2WL so i needed to get more protein than I could eat. I was very leery of adding a protein supplement- it felt weird to be working hard to cut out fake food and then go and drink protein. On the other hand, I found I was falling into a rut of eating the same foods every day just to hit my macros (40/30/30). I'd much rather chuck back a protein shake than a chicken breast immediately after following the gym.
    So I went with Only Protein, after a lot of research. It is antibiotic, hormone and GMO free. Gluten free. No artificial sweeteners. All those things are important to me and if they are to you, I can save you a lot of research. If they aren't too you, you can definitey find cheaper/better tasting/higher protein powders out there.
  • flex500
    flex500 Posts: 63
    Options
    a protein shake is a processed, powdered, food product in a tub for your convenience. Nothing more...nothing lower. It's just powdered, processed food. It's not inherently good or bad. If you like the convenience of a shake and need more protein by all means have at it. But it's nothing special or necessary.