What movies make you cry?

Options

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

was pretty rough

I have that movie, been meaning to watch it. Worth it??
  • rtarpley
    rtarpley Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Field of Dreams
  • Mzfoster0517
    Mzfoster0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    P.S. I love You...makes me cry buckets of tears

We Are Marshall
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    The Notebook --
    Cried the first time I saw at the movies...
    Cry even time I see the movie -- on DVD or TV.
    And will watch everytime I catch the movie on TV.

Cry when I read the book.
  • taz69tazz
    taz69tazz Posts: 57
    Options
    1.Fireproof the Movie ( a very good marriage movie ... How far will you go to save your marriage?

2.Courageous (a very sad father and daughter movie)
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Schindler's List.
  • taz69tazz
    taz69tazz Posts: 57
    Options
    1.Fireproof the Movie (sad marriage movie.. How far will you go to save your marriage?)

(A heroic fireman locked in a failing marriage accepts his father's challenge to take part in a 40-day experiment designed to teach both husband and wife the true meaning of commitment in this faith-based marriage drama starring Kirk Cameron and Erin Bethea. When he's battling blazes, Capt. Caleb Holt (Cameron) adheres to the old firefighter's adage about never leaving your partner behind; back at home, it's an altogether different story. Caleb and his wife Catherine (Bethea) have been married for seven years, but lately arguments over career, housework, finances, and outside interests have driven the once-happy couple hopelessly apart. Just as Caleb and Catherine prepare to officially dissolve their marriage, Caleb's father John (Harris Malcolm) presents his son with a most unusual challenge: commit to a 40-day experiment called "The Love Dare," and take one last shot at saving his marriage. While at first Caleb agrees to take a chance on "The Love Dare," the discovery that it's closely tied in with his parent's newfound faith causes him to momentarily reconsider. Still, Caleb carries on with the experiment despite being constantly rejected by his skeptical, embittered wife. When Caleb asks his father how he can be expected to love someone who refuses to give him a fair chance, John tells his son that this is precisely the same love that God shows for humankind. Now, with a little help from above, the man who makes headlines for saving lives will fight to be a hero to the one person who matters most -- his wife. )

2. Courageous ...very sad father and daughter movie

(Four police officers attempt to put their faith in God after a sudden and unexpected tragedy transforms their lives forever. Produced by Sherwood Pictures, the Christian production company behind such popular films as Fireproof and Facing the Giants, Courageous follows dedicated cops Adam Mitchell and Nathan Hayes as they work with their partners to keep the streets safe. But when these devoted peacekeepers face the challenge of fatherhood, both their faith and devotion to family are put to the ultimate test. In the aftermath of a devastating calamity, they are faced with a difficult choice that will ultimately come to define their lives. Fortunately, a wise mentor appears to help them understand that man's ambition and God's will aren't always in perfect harmony. )
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Glory - that scene where the one tear rolls down Denzel's face gets me every time even though I prepare myself for it.

Imitiation of Life - the funeral scene - again why do I keep watching this damn movie!!! gets me every time.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Wreck it Ralph...
  • rvansaun
    rvansaun Posts: 13
    Options
    The end of An Officer and A Gentleman made me cry when Zack found out Sid had hanged himself in the shower of the motel.
  • rvansaun
    rvansaun Posts: 13
    Options
    The end of An Officer and A Gentleman made me cry when Zack found Sid hanging dead in the shower at the motel.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    Selena
    Brave
    Les Miserables
    Blood Diamond- I lost it a few times, if you haven't seen this one, then you need to
    How to Train Your Dragon

Any movie where a parent loses a child, I cry like a baby.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Wreck it Ralph...

That actually made my husband get all misty-eyed :laugh:
  • opheliaphoenix
    opheliaphoenix Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I know I could come up with so many more, but here are the first ones to come to mind:

* Braveheart.
    * The Notebook.
    * My Girl.
    * Armageddon.
    * The Bridge to Terabithia.
    * The beginning of the movie Up.
    * What Dreams May Come.
    * Schindler's List.
    * Gladiator.
    * La Bamba.
    * The Outsiders.
    * The Patriot.

And, a ton of kid's movies when I was little, especially ones like All Dogs Go To Heaven, Lion King, Bambi, etc. Any time a parent, child, or pet dies, it is really hard to watch!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Wreck it Ralph...

Yep. Maybe because I have daughters.

Also, The Iron Giant.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Man in the Moon
    Titanic
    Star Trek: Nemesis
    Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
    Pokemon: The Movie

:sad:
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Bridges of Madison County
    Field of dreams
    The notebook.
    Reign over me
    Same time next year
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Schindler's List, Phenomenon, bits of Saving Private Ryan here and there... oh lots!! My wife keeps pocket tissues for me if we go to see a movie she thinks I'll cry in LOL!
  • kkmonroe79
    kkmonroe79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Les Miserables

Watched it over the weekend. Sobbed uncontrollably. Beautiful movie that I will never watch again.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I cry at everything....EVERYTHING...

you know those fluffy white kitten Royale commercials? yeah...i fricking cry at those too....I can't help it.

my exes kids used to tell their friends "Hey watch Lauren, if she starts crying you know this is a good movie."

UGH....everything.