Frustrated!

Options
Frustrated is how I am feeling this am! I just started back exercising and eating right last Monday (3/18) and I feel like since its only week two it should be coming off quicker but the scale had not moved since last Friday. After reading through some message boards, I felt like I am not eating enough. Before exercise around 1200-1300 cals but only netting around 800-900 after exercise and I wouldnt eat that back. So after some research I realized I need to eat more. So yesterday I ate more. Nothing terrible and I ate pretty clean and this morning I weigh... gained TWO pounds. How is this even possible? I was still under my calories for the day. UGH. Plus I am drinking 8 bottles of water a day. Thats 16 cups! Do you think that is too much? Anyways, I have opened up my diary for any one who would like to shed some light and tell me what I am doing wrong! Thanks

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    What you're doing wrong is setting unrealistic expectations. Weight loss is not linear and 2 weeks is not enough time to see significant changes. Pick a calorie goal that will fuel your body and workouts and stick with it for at least a month before making changes (800-900 net is not recommended). Stop weighing yourself everyday if flucuations are going to freak you out (your "2lb gain" is water weight. chill). If you have seen no changes (in inches or weight) in a month's time, then consider changing what you're doing.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    1) Your 2 pound gain is water weight. You'd have to have eaten roughly 7,000 + calories over your maintenance to gain two pounds of actual fat.

2) You won't lose a pound just from one day of good eating. One burger didn't make you fat. One good meal won't turn you into a super model.

3) You did good by upping your calories. Keep at it. The scale will show results soon.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    1) Your 2 pound gain is water weight. You'd have to have eaten roughly 7,000 + calories over your maintenance to gain two pounds of actual fat.

2) You won't lose a pound just from one day of good eating. One burger didn't make you fat. One good meal won't turn you into a super model.

3) You did good by upping your calories. Keep at it. The scale will show results soon.

this!
  • Leah_W_2022
    Leah_W_2022 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

This makes me feel better! Thanks!!