Another one of those poop posts...

Sorry guys lol...but I'm wondering, how often do you guys poop? When I started dieting, I noticed I was pooping like every other day or even every two days. I started stirring two teaspoons of benefiber into my morning coffee and that made me go every day last week multiple times. Then the weekend came and I didnt go at all. I went on monday, but not yesterday and still nothing today even after two cups of coffee. Is it normal that I dont really goevery day? And yes, I drink plenty of water.
How many times do you go?

Replies

• kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    There is no normal. I would say as long as you are not constipated (or the other extreme), going whenever you go is fine. My body seems to get rid of waste everytime I eat. When I eat clean, it keeps me clean. :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Water and fiber are important, and so is fat in the diet - make sure you're getting good fats - plenty of nuts, avocado, olive & coconut oils are all good...
  • I use to go every day but since I started eating better I find I don't go as often I have no idea why and I drink plenty of water too people told me its because I eat more protein now so may have to resort to benefiber too lol
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    On average about twice a day but somewhere between 1-3 times most days. Usually one after my first cigarette of the day and once after my meal (I only eat dinner).
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    thanks guys! i feel more relieved anyway as I ended up going about an hour after posting this...I guess I just need to let my body tell me when I need to go.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    I take a magnesium supplement almost very day. It helps me go...
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    2/3 times a day
  • Smackemdanno
    Smackemdanno Posts: 83 Member
    at 1200-1500 I went every 3 days if I was lucky. I was in starvation mode, I was lightheaded but dropping weight like crazy until I hit a plateau. Then I went up to 2400-2600 calories and now I average 1-2 every day. Watch your liquid intake and eat your fiber.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    I will be as tasteful as I can here.

I am concerned a little. I normally go once a day in the am. Since I cut my intake back, I am going twice a day, once in a while 3 times. It is usually a very small amount each time and loose.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Even when eating at maintenance, I only poop every other day or so. I have IBS, but even when my bowels are acting normal, I just don't poop that frequently. Jealous of you daily poopers, for sure.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I will be as tasteful as I can here.

I am concerned a little. I normally go once a day in the am. Since I cut my intake back, I am going twice a day, once in a while 3 times. It is usually a very small amount each time and loose.

Sounds like IBS. Do you struggle to get it out, as well? Do you have stomach pains? Is it urgent? Generally, watery poop means your large colon isn't doing its job to suck the water out before you go.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    thanks guys! i feel more relieved...

Heh
  • I have IBS also I am very lucky to go twice in a week:( Very jealous also..... I eat fiber drink water and still same. Dr even tried to put me on stool softeners and laxatives my body just does what it wants.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Sometimes I go at 10 am on Monday. Then I might go at 2pm Tuesday. Then the really crazy thing is I go AGAIN sometimes on Tuesday at like 10 pm! Then I may or may not go on Wednesday at 7am. Occasionally I'll go on Thursday at 10:34 am and then I might go again at 1:35 pm. And then on Friday I go at 6:32 am and then maybe again at 12pm, and then maybe also again at 9pm.

I don't know.

It's poop.

I go when I go.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    1-4 times a day depending on how much time I want to waste on my phone at work.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Sometimes I go at 10 am on Monday. Then I might go at 2pm Tuesday. Then the really crazy thing is I go AGAIN sometimes on Tuesday at like 10 pm! Then I may or may not go on Wednesday at 7am. Occasionally I'll go on Thursday at 10:34 am and then I might go again at 1:35 pm. And then on Friday I go at 6:32 am and then maybe again at 12pm, and then maybe also again at 9pm.

I don't know.

It's poop.

I go when I go.

Don't forget about that one time at 5:26pm, Saturday at the Target. That one was memorable.
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    To my way of thinking, if you're eating healthier and not putting a bunch of junk in your body it going to use up all the good stuff and not have a bunch of stuff to get rid of that it didn't need in the first place. And secondly if you're eating less common sense tells us there will be less coming out. I'm basing this on what the doctor told me about my baby when I was breast feeding and she hadn't pooped in 3 days. I was freaking out and called and was told that breast milk doesn't have all the fillers and junk formula does so the body uses up most of it. Anyway, just my thought on the matter of poopage. LOL
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Once a day...
    i+dont+always+poop+in+the+shower.jpg

Wha... I like to save on water.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    I've actually studied digestion.

In the US and other nations that eat like the US it is "normal" (read: this is what MOST people experience) have less than one bowel movement per day. This is actually slightly constipated. Especially if you are straining to go or don't feel like you are completely eliminating (you know how a good BM feels and how an incomplete one feels).

It is optimal to have 2-3 BMs per day.

I usually have 1-2 BMs per day. The more greens and fats I eat the better. This is my personal experience.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    To my way of thinking, if you're eating healthier and not putting a bunch of junk in your body it going to use up all the good stuff and not have a bunch of stuff to get rid of that it didn't need in the first place.

I think the opposite is true.

Healthy, natural food will contain a good amount of insoluble fiber which your body can't digest. The fact that you can't digest it is exactly why it is good for you and recommended. If you don't have insoluble fiber, your feces is dense and gummy and doesn't move easily through your digestive tract. The fiber bulks it up so that it is more mobile.

It's basically like how you throw sawdust on...we'll call it a *spill*...to make the mess manageable.