PB2 on an apple - 100-150 calories
    PB2 by itself (Yum!) - 45 calories
    Granola bars (try to find the less sugary ones) - 120-200 calories
    Oatmeal (again try for less sugary kind) - 100-150 calories
    Greek yogurt - 100 - 150 calories
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    hungrygirl.com has a lot of recipes for what i would call "medium" calorie snack/desserty things. Like in the 200-300-calorie range. Chocolate molten lava cake, salted caramel cake. apple pie in a mug. Very processed ingredients, but manageable into your macros.
  • swil4
    swil4 Posts: 19
    Options
    Yogurt
    Half a Peanut Butter Sandwich
    Popcorn
    Nuts

and sometimes I just have to have a small bag a chips... the 1 ounce bags...
  • meganbook
    meganbook Posts: 71
    Options
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (65 calories) mix with a little bit of chocolate sugar free pudding mix (15-20cals). Chocolate craving tackled, and you get some protein for little calories
  • JessAilene86
    JessAilene86 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond almonds- my personal favorites are jalapeno smokehouse, honey roasted and wasabi. You can eat about 28 of them for under 200 calories.

Larabars- they are pretty easy to make yourself if you have the time because of the minimal ingredients, about 220 calories per bar

Van's Gluten free cheese crackers- They are made with quinoa and all of that good stuff, and you get 30 of them for under 200 calories

Frozen banana, half chocolate almond milk, half unsweetened vanilla almond milk and blend - tastes just like a chocolate banana shake and that's under 200 calories

Strawberries and half a coined banana dipped in enjoy chocolate (it's gluten free, soy free, dairy free, etc), and I'll melt a little of that, dip my fruit in it and refrigerate it to harden. Less than 200 calories

Smartfood Selects - My personal favorites were the brown sugar and the feta and herb chips, they are about 15 for less than 200 calories.

Banana, shredded coconut with a couple tablespoons of walnuts with a quarter cup of vanilla almond milk all in a bowl like cereal- less than 200 calories (you can obviously mix up what fruit you prefer)

Those are my favorite snacks right now, with including of course, plain ol' fruits and veggies. Hope this helps.
  • vikkistarr89
    vikkistarr89 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Rice Cakes, Satsumas and Fat Free greek yoghurts for me.
  • vikkistarr89
    vikkistarr89 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Rice Cakes, Satsumas and Fat Free greek yoghurts for me.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Dole Live Right Dark Chocolate bites (for when I'm in a cakey mood)
    Thinsations Oreo or Chips Ahoy (for when I'm in a cookie mood)
    Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters (for when I'm in a chocolate bar mood)
    Jello pudding
    carrots with tzatziki or ranch dressing
    fruit (especially berries when I'm in a candy mood)
    tuna snack kits (crackers and tuna with different flavours)
    oatmeal with fruit
    homemade baked goods, so I know are lower calories (like my banana oat muffins this week at 120 calories each)
    a skinny decaf caramel latte will often stop the snacking craving too
  • ashleykenny8
    ashleykenny8 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of snacking as well. If I'm craving something bad for me I'll look up an alternative recipe from Hungry Girl. THere are tons of low calorie alternatives on her website.

An even better site for recipes is www.skinnytaste.com!!

I just looked up the skinny taste website, I loved it! Awesome suggestion!
  • han_buckley
    Options
    Okay, try coco pop Cereal bars, sounds unhealthy but I think they're only 88 calories and still taste nice
  • jonewman100
    jonewman100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've started buying chocolate bars which contain at least 70% cocoa. I can only take about 2 squares because the flavour is so strong, but it's enough to give me the feeling that I've had some - and the flavour stays on your tongue for a good while.

I'm also doing the same with cheese - buying strongly flavoured ones so that I don't need to eat as much.
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yogurt
    Half a Peanut Butter Sandwich
    Popcorn
    Nuts

and sometimes I just have to have a small bag a chips... the 1 ounce bags...

1952ce89-7bdf-4fad-b3bd-e2eae708aaaf.jpg

Sorry couldn't help myself :wink:

My picks are usually, almonds, walnuts, greek yog, banana, apple, dark chocolate, laughng cow cheese triangle's I loooove!
  • Lauramh31
    Lauramh31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a serious sweet tooth too. I like the jello thing too (I get sugar free). I also buy the sugar free jello pudding mix and mix it w/ skim milk. It's ready in 5 minutes or less and there are a ton of flavors. You can portion it out into 1 cup servings and keep in your fridge.

I also like low cal chocolate milk like a low fat chocolate soy milk or chocolate almond milk. Or sometimes I'll do plain unsweetened almond milk with a few strawberries. You could also blend that into a little smoothie/shake.

Also try blending some frozen fruit with just a little water to get it to mix and it's sorbet. It tastes sweet but if it isn't sweet enough you could always add stevia, honey or a little maple syrup.

For salty I like popcorn (low fat, low butter), pistachios that you peel yourself (so you eat less of them), peanut butter on celery, string cheese (I get a weight watchers smokey white cheddar or something), hummus and carrot or celery sticks, peanut butter on a banana (but this isn't as low cal as others). I don't love almonds but I'm trying to add those as a snack since they're so healthy :tongue:

I definitely try to keep it to something healthy (as opposed to a low cal sugary food) because if it's high sugar, it'll make me want more sugar later....vicious cycle!
  • seafuss
    seafuss Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Deep chocolate vitamuffin tops are AMAZING!!! They are 100 cals, and have lots of protein and fibre!! They're in the frozen isle - I heat them on a plate and add 100 g of source 50 cal greek yogurt - just like having chocolate cake with ice cream!
  • IamMeMa5
    IamMeMa5 Posts: 12
    Options
    When I am idol, I snack. My favorite low cal are almonds and air popped corn. I think I am going to add the PB Cheerios.
  • Cherylllyn
    Cherylllyn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yoplait has fat free yogurt that taste like desserts. Like apple turnover, pineapple upside down cake, red velvet cake and more for 90 calories for 6 oz. They seem to help with the sugar cravings. I've also found tuna and salmon pouches 70 calories or 2.5 oz.
  • naeallynmya
    Options
    Emerald Brand dark cocoa dusted almonds. They are quite tasty, very fillng, and give you the sweet-salty-chocolatey fix you need.

9028791.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • taciturnity
    taciturnity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    People are going to think I'm insane, but I like the Gerber Graduates Lil' Crunchies... They are like cheetos, but are WAY lower in calories. They are like 35 calories a serving... or 210 if you eat the whole container!
  • GhostinthePC
    GhostinthePC Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    First off, my suggestion is evaluate what you are eating. If it is processed or frozen or "Sugar Free" or "Fat Free", chances are they contain an artificial sweetener., Artificial sweeteners tend to enhance cravings more often. Second, if you work out, you need to bulk up your protein rich foods (chickpeas, boneless skinless chicken, almonds etc). I would also suggest, when you get a craving, immediately chug a minimum of 8 oz of water. Not Diet Soda or fruit juice...simply clear, nothing added to it water and wait 10 minutes. If you have the craving still, carry natures candy with you (clementines, almonds, apples, bananas, or simply dried fruit, etc) and enjoy one of those. Sometimes cravings are your body's way of asking you for something it needs at that time (sodium, fat, carbohydrate, etc).

Snacking on the wrong things can derail your successes, ergo causing you to get fed up and quit. When I started my journey, I gave up ALL processed foods (diet soda included) from a traditional grocery store, went gluten free, and eat everything raw with the exception of meat and some veggies. I dropped 23 pounds in 3 weeks.

My advice nix the breads and starchy veggies, diet sodas, anything labeled "healthy" in your grocers freezer or shelves. Everything you need can be found along the outer walls of the grocery store. Just my 2 cents.
  • beckysiz
    beckysiz Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Make sure when you eat you have a carb and protein together, even better is a carb, fat and protein so your blood sugar stays level.

I try hard to stay away from sugary, processed foods and low fat crap. Low fat and fat free just means more sugar and processing.
    Artificial sweeteners should be avoided as well.

cocoa almonds, raw almonds, air popped popcorn, dried cherries (no sugar added), string cheese, cottage cheese