3lbs UP overnight!! Arrggghhhh!!!

Options
Got on the scales this morning and they show I have gone up by 3lbs!!! I am not happy especially as I haven't gone over my calorie allowance for 2 weeks and did an hour of swimming yesterday!! I had hoped it would go down :-( :sad:

I know I am not supposed to weigh everyday as weight can fluctuate but surely 3lb is a lot. I am not due my period or anything else that may affect it!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Run a report for the last 2-3 days and check your sodium consumption. That, and the fact that your body can hold on to water after strenuous exercise could explain what is going on. Not to worry. It will pass.

If it is the sodium, increase your water consumption to flush the sodium out of your system a little faster.
  • Jeni322
    Jeni322 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi Katherine,

It happened me on the weekend - went up 3lbs too. I drank BUCKETS of water on Monday/Tuesday and I've still managed to get rid of that 3lbs and lose 2lbs this week on top of it so don't be too worried just yet :)
  • amasot
    amasot Posts: 86
    Options
    I went up 2 kg (5 lbs) in just two days, yesterday and today!! I blame it on a cortisone treatment I had recently plus a little extra salt I had yesterday. My doc told me to take a diuretic and drink more water, so let's hope... *sob* :sad:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Happens to us all. For the past 5 weeks, I have only been weighing once a week and have seen awesome results on the scale, as well as mentally. I weigh in on Wednesdays, which means Thursdays or Fridays are usually my day for any salty yummies I want. That way, by the next Wednesday, I would have worked the sodium out of my system. Seems to be working. It's hard to break the habit of weighing everyday, but there are great mental and physical benefits to it.
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Daily weigh ins turn the scales into instruments of torture. They are a tool and should be used to HELP you, not inflict guilt trips. I would suggest putting them away for a month and go by how you feel and how your clothes fit.
  • courtneyjaune
    Options
    yea,last weekend i was doing real good at losing weight.then boom,my mom had bought thses supposedly low fat wheat chips.I should've realized they were carbs.i tore those up.the next day the scale was up 5 pounds.I just re lost 2.I HATE yo yo ing.now if I could lose those 3 i gained i will be just fine and then keep those off and keep losing.I need to lose about 30 pounds.
  • stridersraven
    Options
    Happens to us all. For the past 5 weeks, I have only been weighing once a week and have seen awesome results on the scale, as well as mentally. I weigh in on Wednesdays, which means Thursdays or Fridays are usually my day for any salty yummies I want. That way, by the next Wednesday, I would have worked the sodium out of my system. Seems to be working. It's hard to break the habit of weighing everyday, but there are great mental and physical benefits to it.

i do exactly the same!!!!! weds weigh in , anything slightly higher in sodium on thurs and fri only, works a treat, am losing an average of 2.6lbs a week, all because the first week, i thought i hadnt lost but read on here i needed to flush out the sodium, so i did so and it certainly works.