Stress fracture?

Options
Has anybody ever had a stress fracture in their leg? What does it feel like? What did you do for it?

Replies

• Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Has anybody ever had a stress fracture in their leg? What does it feel like? What did you do for it?
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Is this a self diagnosis? If it is you should see a doctor and get a medical opinion.

Sometimes stress fractures, particularly those in the leg, radiate pain much like shin splints. To describe a pain one person experiences to a certain ailment may not be the same pain you're experiencing for the same thing and you may mis diagnose your own condition.
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    I was telling a friend of mine (a marathon runner) about some pain I'm having and she said it's probably a stress fracture. I'm going to ask my PT if I should see the doc, but I was just curious of other's experiences with stress fracutres.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    Stress fractures HURT! I had a couple of stress fractures in my right foot when I fractured my left big toe (got the stress fracture from walking funny due to the "real" fracture)......anyway, the stress fracture hurt just as much as the full fracture. A fracture is a fracture is a broken bone.....no matter how it happened!
  • tbennett
    tbennett Posts: 4
    Options
    I used to run track and had a stress fracture on the outside of my leg, sort of above my ankle. I had a constant nagging pain on my leg and as it grew worse my leg would swell like I had hit it on something. Depending on where your leg hurts, take a couple days off and ice the area. Maybe you have shin splints? If it doesn't feel better in the next week I'd head to the doctor for an opinion!