New user, any tips for exercise workouts at home?

Options
Hi, I'm just beginning my journey on MFP and really want to do well.
I understand that as well as eating healthy I need to exercise too. With no money for the gym and with snow soo deep here I can barley get out my door never mind run.
Started the 30 day squat challenge today and just wondered if anyone had anything else or any good apps I could download?
All jarl will be really appreciated.
Thank you! X

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Some resources:

nerdfitness.com
    blogilates.com
    fitnessblender.com
    BeFit Channel on YouTube.
    bodybuilding.com
    sweatybetties.com
  • rkkm29
    rkkm29 Posts: 7
    Options
    I just started 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. I got mine on amazon for $7.00 but I have heard people say you can youtube it for free. I really like it so far. I do also use 5 lb weights with it so you could probably pick up 3 or 5 lb weights pretty cheap on amazon as well. Good luck!
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I do Just Dance on the Wii or exercise dvd's. I just started a strength training routine as well. I can't wait for the weather to start warming up so I can get outside on the bike trail with my double stroller and just walk.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. There are 3 levels, all for free on youtube. Get yourself some 3 and 5lb dumbbells and start with Level 1. Do it 5-6 days per week. It's a great workout for beginners. She has lots of other DVDs that I love and make them part of my workouts.
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Strongly agree with the videos at home. My wife and I have done the 30 day shred and are now doing the Extreme Shed and Shred by Jillian Michaels as well. Would suggest (if you can afford it), pick up a couple of different videos that way when you get bored or you stop seeing results you can change it up. It's working for us.
  • rlouise100
    Options
    Will give all a look, thank you all x
  • LouiseOverbeck
    Options
    I love doing programs at home! Right now I am doing TurboFire and I love it! I am almost done with the 90 day program so I am moving on to Brazil utt Lift Master Series next.
  • locdin2motion
    Options
    Iam an strong advocate for working at home these are the following DVD I use at home on a consistent rotation since starting to take my fitness serious:

Jillian Michaels No more trouble zones excellent dvd really gives you different moves on those stubborn most complained about areas muffin tops saddlebags fat back etc.

The Firm with the 500 calorie workout mix of weights and cardio with is needed to burn fat effectively.

The Firm tight buns and killer legs for those of who want that brizallian lift or that badonkadonk this is it and you will feel the burn!

Wii- Zumba dancing to hip hop reggageton very fun sweat ALOT! and very addictive.
    MJ The Experience Who doesn't like Michael Jackson you dance to all his popular songs and you do sweat while having fun!

Turbo Jam 5 rocking workouts cardio, strength, abs etc.
    Turbo Jam fat blast- fast pace cardio

Youtube also great tool
    Jumprope is also a great exercise.

I've tried Insanity haven't quite build up to that fitness level yet so maybe might re-introduce that back in my rotation once I reach a higher fitness level again very effective!
  • cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ive done jillian michael 30 day shred on you tube also do zumba on xbox
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club! Free app, full of amazing workouts. Some use dumbbells, medicine ball, etc, but many don't - just body weight.

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/womens-training/apps/nike-training-club
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I use Just Dance for the Wii, Kendra Kemerley walking videos (any are good!), 30 Day Shred and that's it for now. I've used the Firm before, and it's a good work out! If you have Comcast OnDemand- they have a TON of fitness videos!
  • pcon1212
    pcon1212 Posts: 22
    Options
    Check out collagevideo.com for some good exercise videos. You can watch a clip of the video on there and if you buy one and decide it isn't for you, you can send it back for a refund.