When were you in the best shape?

Options

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    about this time last year. 10 pounds smaller, lower body fat, and doing a lot of body weight resistance in addition to training for half marathons--even though I was the same size as I was in college (20plus years ago!) I looked better!

Working on getting BACK to that fabulous shape by the end of the summer!
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Now! Always been overweight and sedentary until the last 5 or so years. But this last year has been awesome and I am by far in the best shape of my life...only to continue to get better with lifting, running, and healthy eating!!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Before I had my now 4 year old - but I'm not far off :drinker:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Best was right before I got pregnant...my senior year of high school (17 years old) :blushing: I got thin between 26 and 32 years old but not necessarily what I would now call healthy. I fluctuated up and down since then. I'm guessing my mid 40's will be my best. I'm 42 right now and working on it.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    1. 2009 when I had 2 lifeguard jobs. Constantly in the pool, walking around on deck, bimonthly trainings, and just my own swimming schedule so I could keep up with it all!

2. End of 2011 - thank you spin classes, discounted gym membership, and spare time in the evening!

3. The BEST BEST shape ever? Coming to you soon this summer ;)
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Senior year of high school during the lacrosse season. Track workouts everyday before practice in full equipment then a 3 hour practice followed by sprints at the end. We only lifted twice a week however. I remember running the mile test in gym class. I ran it around 5 mins flat. It didn't even feel like I tired and I barely broke a sweat. Today, I struggle to run a 7 min mile!
  • Thesarahmonster
    Thesarahmonster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    About two years ago. I was living in Fort Wayne, outside everyday, trying to eat healthier meals, and I was also 50lbs lighter. I miss those days...time to make some new good memories and some great changes here and now!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Today!

I worked hard at changing my unhealthy lifestyle over the past year, including changing bad eating habits and exercising regularly. Every facet of my life improved by 29503498573459%. Keep going!
  • SkinnyRuthy
    SkinnyRuthy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    When I was 15 years old. I baby sat for a family with a swimming pool. After swimming every day possible, I came away in a sz 4 with 6 pack abs. Lord, I hope to be in that great of shape again someday...maybe not that skinny because that's unrealistic to want to be as tiny as you were in 9th grade, but yea... I was in my best shape then. I remember being really proud of it too... :)
  • madlymadly
    madlymadly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    22–32 (before babies). A lot of walking and stair master.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Right now. Why? Because for the first time in my life, I actually am paying attention to nutrition. Growing up I was thin and in decent shape from ballet, track, and cheerleading, but I didn't really care what I ate because I never gained weight. In college, I stopped all the extracurriculars and continued to not pay attention to what I ate and gained some weight (still mostly in the normal BMI range). Then I turned 21, came to grad school, continued to not exercise and pay attention and added alcohol into the mix. Gained a bit more weight and climbed out of the normal BMI region. Woke up, dieted and cardio-ed my way back to my high school/starting college weight, then realized what I really wanted was to be fit and started lifting. I'm 9 months into that, still at the weight I graduated high school at but am smaller than I was when I was 16 :-) Not to mention the abs are starting to show through which I've never had before!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    When I was 29. I'd love to get back to that.
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I was way thinner in High school

Waitress_zpsb19e6678.jpg

But I'm so much happier and healthier today!

solo_zpsfc3845c9.jpg
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I was in pretty good shape up until I turned 20. I loved running and I ate relatively healthy. Oddly enough, I was probably the healthiest one of my friends. My favorite snacks included carrots or bananas. For me it was normal not to eat junk food (not that I didn't eat it from time to time) and I loved the way working out left me feeling. I'm not sure what changed, but I miss the old me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    When I was in the Marine Corps...about 15 years ago. I can pretty much guarantee I'll never be in that kind of shape again...I was pretty much paid to train in some capacity 8-10 hours per day.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Now. This is the first time in my adult or teenage life when I haven't been overweight. I lift heavy and can run a fair few miles with ease.
  • Nina91_4ever
    Options
    18-21 years of age of course!!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Righhhht.... NOW

I was "thinner" in high school - but I had an eating disorder
    Then I was morbidly obese for years

And now Im making it all better
  • thefitfriend
    thefitfriend Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    now.
  • blodk66
    blodk66 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    College 108lbs. Contemporary Dance theatre and a gymnast. But then I had kids..... getting back in shape now!