get cold after exercising??

Options
2»

Replies

• SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It could be all the water or gatorade that is making you cold. Even if you drink it a at room temperature (74 degrees) it is colder than your internal body temp (98.6 degrees) and it makes you cold. I drink a gallon of water a day and am perpetually freezing as a result. Also, wet and sweaty clothes in a cooling body dont help either. :)
  • blindedbyawesome
    blindedbyawesome Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you are putting your body through calorie deficit it will also change how well your body stays warm.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Nope, quite the opposite. I stay quite warm for an extended period after exercise. Are you eating enough? Low blood sugar maybe? That tends to make people cold I think.

I stay hot for a long time after exercising too. I agree with Dope. Make sure you're eating enough.
  • janwolf99
    Options
    that happens to me all the time. I asked my Dr. about it and he looked at me like I had two heads=couldn't give me an explanation at all. I sometimes sit on a heating pad for hours trying to warm up.
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    i was always got cold when I set my goals to over 1 lbs a week. When I figured that out I bumped my calories 2-300 per day and the coldness went away. different strokes but you may want to eat a little bit more to see if that fixes the cold problem.
  • KristyTonn
    KristyTonn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What time of day do you exercise?

I do it after work, and do get cold in the evening. But my body temp drops that time of day anyway.

Usually evening, as I work days, but on the weekends, I will get it done earlier in the day. Time fo day doesn't see to affect it, it happens no matter what.
  • KristyTonn
    Options
    It might be low blood sugar - do you have a pre-workout snack? I sometimes feel cold if I don't eat something before my workout or immediately afterwards.

I eat before, but not right before. I guess I try to wait maybe 30-45 min minimum after eating to start working out. I have Crohns, so I have enough stomach issues to start with, and I have found that when I exercise shortly after eating, it's guaranteed that I will have to stop and go to the bathroom. TMI, sorry.
  • KristyTonn
    Options
    Nope, quite the opposite. I stay quite warm for an extended period after exercise. Are you eating enough? Low blood sugar maybe? That tends to make people cold I think.

I am set on losing 2 lbs a week, and i eat all of my calories, as well as at least 75% if not more of my exercise calories back. My blood sugar does seems to dip faster than it should. I was hypoglycemic while pregnant both times. I try to eat shortly after exercising, so I'm not sure if that's it.
  • KristyTonn
    Options
    Sound like I need to get out of my workout gear a little sooner. I usually wait until I cool to a regular feeling temp, then get back into pants. And I live in Wisconsin, so it's not like it's nice out right now. Technically, it's spring, but someone forgot to tell the weather that. So the heats still on, and it's fairly warm inside. I do drink quite a bit of water in a day, and it's usually at room temp since I don't like cold cold water.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I was thinking I was a little fruity for having this happen, and thought the dr might look at me like I had 2 heads, as someone else mentioned.