Struggling with PCOS

Options
HELLO EVERYONE.....

My name is Dennise and i am 25 years old from new jersey. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2010 and lost twins in 2011. From all the treatments of trying to conceive and just PCOS in general i topped the scale at 180 lbs in September 2012. I have suffered and cried these lbs off but hard work pays off. Join me in my struggle to beat PCOS and to conquer what i thought once was not possible... One day for me to be at my goal weight and have a family of my own.

SW 9/2012 180lbs
CW 3/27/13 147.2
GW 130.0

Replies

• SNWilliams13
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18 almost 10 years ago. Please add me so we can fight this ting together.
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey there Dennise, I'm 20 and from Ontario. I have no diagnosed condition right now, but my husband and I are trying to conceive and there is potential for difficulties because I have longish, irregular cycles and we're currently in our 9th month of trying. I am so sorry for your loss. As far as I know, I don't have PCOS, but I'd love to join you in your journey towards health and children.
  • JennytheWicked
    JennytheWicked Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    HELLO EVERYONE.....

My name is Dennise and i am 25 years old from new jersey. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2010 and lost twins in 2011. From all the treatments of trying to conceive and just PCOS in general i topped the scale at 180 lbs in September 2012. I have suffered and cried these lbs off but hard work pays off. Join me in my struggle to beat PCOS and to conquer what i thought once was not possible... One day for me to be at my goal weight and have a family of my own.

SW 9/2012 180lbs
    CW 3/27/13 147.2
    GW 130.0

Hi and welcome! I, too have PCOS and it hadn't been diagnosed for most of my life. I was hospitalized during a miscarriage and they found cysts. Surprise!

But I had been straggling to lose weight my entire life and found out that PCOS is a very big cause of not losing weight. One thing that really helped me was taking Vitamin B Complex. I started taking it and within 3.5 months I've lost almost 30lbs.

If you want to add me, I'd be happy to help support you through your journey.
  • SashaJaneJ
    SashaJaneJ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2001. I am now 33 years old. My doctor told me about MFP in May, 2011. I have lost 177 pounds since then. My doctor took me off metformin because of all the weight I have lost. I was on it for 12 years. The reason why I was on it was due to the PCOS and cause TOM was not like it was. He told me if TOM didnt show up I would have to go back on insulin. That is my fear right now. I do struggle with the PCOS every day. Please free to add me if you would like.
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I too have PCOS and have struggled with infertility since I was married 8 years ago! My doctor told me that I have to take a break from my current treatments because I have to lose some pounds that have creeped on since I have been taking so many different medicines and getting so many shots! Good Luck to you and you now have a cheerleader who knows your struggle! Thank you for sharing!
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    P.S. I would love to be support for anyone dealing with PCOS or infertility in general, so if anyone wants to add me, feel free!!! :)
  • saratf
    saratf Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. I was able to conceive after taking metformin and staying on it for my whole pregnancy. Good luck with losing weight! I feel much better now that I am at a healthier weight. I'm hoping that we have an easier time of getting pregnant in the future. Feel free to add me.
  • sheszamazing
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18 almost 10 years ago. Please add me so we can fight this ting together.

i added youuuu <3 thanks for the support we can deff beat this together... its so nice finding other women with it ... makes you feel like you are not alone in this world.
  • sheszamazing
    Options
    Hey there Dennise, I'm 20 and from Ontario. I have no diagnosed condition right now, but my husband and I are trying to conceive and there is potential for difficulties because I have longish, irregular cycles and we're currently in our 9th month of trying. I am so sorry for your loss. As far as I know, I don't have PCOS, but I'd love to join you in your journey towards health and children.

aww thank i will gladly add you.... i hope to show support in your struggle and your journey
  • sheszamazing
    Options
    :smile: thanks so much to everyone thats been posting on here... It makes me feel like i am not alone in this struggle and journey and its always nice to meet other women with the same symptoms as you
  • sheszamazing
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2001. I am now 33 years old. My doctor told me about MFP in May, 2011. I have lost 177 pounds since then. My doctor took me off metformin because of all the weight I have lost. I was on it for 12 years. The reason why I was on it was due to the PCOS and cause TOM was not like it was. He told me if TOM didnt show up I would have to go back on insulin. That is my fear right now. I do struggle with the PCOS every day. Please free to add me if you would like.

i was on metformin for 2 years 1500mg a day but it was making me very sick and i couldnt keep none of my food down. I am currently off metformin but hope to one day start the process of it again with out complications
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    HELLO EVERYONE.....

SW 9/2012 180lbs
    CW 3/27/13 147.2
    GW 130.0

I have PCOS as well, and it makes my progress slower than I'd like. Can you tell me what you were doing to lose this quickly?
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I everyone. I have PCOS too. I found that nothing helped me with fertility meds . I finally got preggers in April 2012 and had my son 12/26/13 after doing my own research of this ****ty condition. I went to a 1420 calorie diet broken into the 40%carb, 30%protein and 30%fat. I worked out 4xs a week and cheated one day a week. I also lowered my sugar to around 25 grams a day. I didnt like metformin so I never took it. I also to vitamin E, fish oil, b6, calcium plus d and prenatals. All of these vitamins help you get pregnant. Please feel free to add me. I will soon be getting back on the dieting horse. Im from nj too
  • Tamicejl
    Tamicejl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I am another PCOS'er..... trying to drop wt to conceive again. My daughter is 11 and is dying for a brother... and understands enough to know mommy is sick..... and is not health enough to have a baby. My heart goes out to you all ... and I will be support to those that need it. Add me .... ask question or just vent ..... I'm here.... cause when I was going through my darkest days ....I had no one ... but my husband and poor thing he tried......

PCOS is beatable........ I am a believer!
  • sheszamazing
    Options

I have PCOS as well, and it makes my progress slower than I'd like. Can you tell me what you were doing to lose this quickly?

hi! yes i am a firm believer of a diet .... i have used myfitnesspal for the passed months and it has helped me to understand food intake better. Especially since we have high insulin = no high sugar intake for the days .... I exercise everyday or atleast try to exercise which i do have a full time job and on my lunch breaks i tend to walk up hill for 30mins after i eat a small frozen meal of 250-300 calories. I started on a diet of 1200 with myfitnesspal and now i am on 1100 calorie diet..
  • SNWilliams13
    Options
    I definitely agree and besides here there is a PCOS message board www.soulcysters.com The women on there really got me through some difficult days.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options

hi! yes i am a firm believer of a diet .... i have used myfitnesspal for the passed months and it has helped me to understand food intake better. Especially since we have high insulin = no high sugar intake for the days .... I exercise everyday or atleast try to exercise which i do have a full time job and on my lunch breaks i tend to walk up hill for 30mins after i eat a small frozen meal of 250-300 calories. I started on a diet of 1200 with myfitnesspal and now i am on 1100 calorie diet..

It sounds like exercise makes a big difference, then. I'm not able to do true cardio very often at all, because I also have a sleep disorder and CFS. Amazingly though, my activity level usually ranges from lightly active to moderately active by my calorie burns per my BMF. I wasn't losing anywhere near what I should've been at the lower calorie level, unfortunately. I never went over, and only lost 5 pounds in 2 months. I had a very long way to go, and was feeling terribly deprived, so I had to experiment a little to find a way I could lose that I could sustain for however long it took. My progress is slower, but I'm getting there. I've lost 29 pounds in a little under a year (minus an 8 week metabolism reset).
  • sheszamazing
    Options
    I definitely agree and besides here there is a PCOS message board www.soulcysters.com The women on there really got me through some difficult days.

thanks i will deff check it out :)
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have PCOS with the added bonus of hypothyroidism! I know what you're going through!
  • BHollie1115
    Options
    Hi. My name is Brandi. i was diagnosed with Diabetes when I was 21. In August of 2012, I was diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism. I have fluctuated between 210-230lbs for the last 5 years. Never gaining but never really losing. I got married last year and we are ready for kids. I know I have alot on my plate but I am determined to lose the weight, get off of my meds and have a family of my own..... I know what you are going thru but we can do it!!