I have lost 53 pounds since joining MyfitnessPal

Options
ladydruna
ladydruna Posts: 8 Member
I started in September and progress pics really helped keep me motivated, so I figured I would share mine with you!
Most of my weight loss is from counting calories and staying within my limits. I didn't really start exercising until about 6 weeks ago.
I noticed my weight has stayed pretty much the same since I have. I am assuming it is because muscle weighs more that fat. I must admit, its been a little harder to stay focused since hitting this plateau but I am hoping working out more vigorously will give me the results I want. I hope this inspires someone to stick with it! It has not been easy but it has been worth it!

50c0572c-64ad-420c-a731-4246b7015faf.jpg

Replies

• autopilot_on
    Options
    Wow, what a transformation! You look amazing. I share a similar story with the weight thing. I haven't lost any weight for almost 3 months now but I'm working hard and building muscle. Thank you for sharing. I feel inspired.
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great job! How tall are you?
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look awesome
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Good Work!
  • MarielleVert
    MarielleVert Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. Thanks for the picture mottivation! keep up the great work!
  • crabbok
    crabbok Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Very nice! You are looking great!
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    You look great! I also get motivation from the success stories, so thank you!
  • phillrachel
    Options
    Great Work.
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! You look younger! Great job.
  • TinaCleg
    TinaCleg Posts: 87
    Options
    You look awesome! What great work ! :smile:
  • ladydruna
    Options
    I am 5'5"

Thanks everyone for all the support!
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love the look on your face! It screams "yeah, I did this"! Nice work.
  • bahamamomma18
    bahamamomma18 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i think thats soo awesome!!!!:smile: is there somewhere to go for ideas on low calorie meals, I have a large family....
  • nhouse3417
    nhouse3417 Posts: 105
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Younger even! :) Thank you for posting!
  • calippincott
    Options
    Congrats! I am on the same juourney and am at the same starting point you were. My goal is 50lbs. What changes did you make to your diet?
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Outstanding work!! Make sure to measure and take progress pictures. The scales don't tell the whole story. I can often see changes in my measurements and progress pictures when I can 't see progress on the scales. It has helped to keep me motivated when I don't see the scales moving! Stay strong!
  • ladydruna
    Options
    i think thats soo awesome!!!!:smile: is there somewhere to go for ideas on low calorie meals, I have a large family....

When I cook meals for the family, I usually make mine a separate lower fat and calorie version of what they are eating. I limit my intake of sugars, rice, potatoes, breads or pastas because they use up my calories too fast. Instead I try and substitute with other veggies. For instance, when I make spaghetti, I use a sugar free sauce with venison on chunks on roasted zucchini with a little parmesan. Whereas the guys get noodles. Sometimes they will crossover to the darkside and eat mom's "diet food" lol. They love pizza on cauliflower crust! Most of my healthy recipes I find on Pinterest.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You look great! I have heard the last few pounds are the hardest to get off. I have been told lifting weights is really good.
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Absolutely inspiring!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Congrats on a great job...keep using the pictures when you feel down. You're doing fine!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!