Week 1 complete!

Options
Hi all,

I have just completed my first full week here on MFP, using the phone app mainly to keep track.

I weighed in yesterday and have lost 13lbs! Already past my 10% mark of my goal, only another 88lbs to go.

I am mega proud, and still feel really motivated to get through week 2, for the first time in my "dieting" life I feel like I'm not dieting but I am just changing my lifestyle.. I'm trying new foods, and eating things I wouldn't have dreamt of before.

The forums here have been great and although I haven't always got time to post, when I do have a little time I love reading the success pages they are such great motivation.

I know the majority of my weight loss this week is most likely water, however I wondered, what your first weeks losses were? And what you are averaging on now weekly?

I was 286lbs with 100lbs to lose..

L xx

Replies

• phillrachel
    Options
    Great job. Keep up the good work. I swear I need to get into this decade and get a smart phone. I never track on weekends only during the week since I use the computer more M-F.

This site has been a huge help to read success stories and also for me to track my calories, water intake and workouts.
  • lornz88
    lornz88 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you :-)

I'm a techno-geek and would be lost without my smart phone, especially tracking on weekends, somewhat the hardest time..

Success stories are a real motivation.
  • vedra_b
    vedra_b Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    amazing work keep it up you can do this. Feel free to add me.
  • ladymowilson
    ladymowilson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job....GREAT work
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • Cindie1030
    Cindie1030 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Keep up the good/hard work! :) Feel free to add me for additional support! :)
  • yme12
    yme12 Posts: 1
    Options
    Yippee!!
  • elainormcneil
    Options
    Congrats! Keep moving. I'm losing about 2 lbs a week since I have been using MFP
  • rockyshrode
    rockyshrode Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Enjoy your Week 1 success! :flowerforyou:
  • lornz88
    lornz88 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks all... I am very much enjoying it.. Now for the gym... :smile:
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep it up!!
  • RooBug88
    RooBug88 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Don't get discouraged if the loss slows down after the first few weeks, though. Weight loss isn't a race, it's a lifestyle change that takes time. Congrats on the EXCELLENT start, keep it up and you will do just fine! Welcome to MFP :)
  • jdk124
    jdk124 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome. I wish I would've been dedicated to this app sooner. I've had it since the fall but now just got into it.
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I joined June 2012 but slacked off mostly until this January 2013, but I am down 30 pounds and I definately see progress. This is a great site for inspiration and motivation. I love how it makes me accountable for what I put in my mouth. Yes I'm sure some people could lie, but you'd really only do yourself an injustice. I'd love to add you as a friend and together we can all overcome this disease called Obesity. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!