My wife is trying to sabotage me...

Options

Replies

• shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yeah no I stopped eating those long ago.
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    There is nothing better than a krispy kreme donut that is hot! In Raleigh, NC they have the Krispy Kreme challenge , where you start off on NC State and run to the Krispy Creme (the original one I think) then you eat 1 dozen donuts and then run back (5K race). I have thought of doing the race, just so maybe I would get sick and would never want another krispy kreme donut again! (All proceeds go to the Children's Hospital)

That is really cool!!
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    good thing I don't like krispy kreme
    I thought I was the only one. Blech! Have a GOOD donut if you're going to have one for goodness sake!

Ditto! I've never understood the fuss.
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've only had them once, and thought they were disgusting. That's probably a good thing
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMMMMM i looove krispy kreme!! i have memories of my mom and i getting a box of krispy kremes and eating them all in two days. SOO GOODD!!

though the other day i got one and it wasn't as good as i remembered! though i still want one lol
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    For the best doughnuts in the entire world... you must go to Vancouver, Canada. Make your way to North Vancouver and a little community called Deep Cove. Then find Honey's Doughnuts...

3635867958_88590bb282.jpg

I'm quite certain they're near 1000 calories each, but nevertheless... best. ever.

Nothing will ever beat them. I like Maple.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme - The Heroin of Donuts (New slogan?)

Not that I've ever tried heroin but I totally get your point. When they are hot off the line, (you know they will give you a free one to keep you from drooling on the counter) they pick 'em up with a stick because they are too soft and squeezy to touch with your bare fingers. That makes a baker's dozen cuz I always get/got a dozen or why bother.

Anyway eat 'em hot cuz they are not any good cold. 8 seconds in the microwave helps butt NOT the same as fresh.

P.S. that was NOT a typo. Aren't they 190 calories each???? So my dozen is 2,470 cals.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I WANT SOME!!!!! I've never had a Krispy Creme donut in my LIFE!!!! :sad:

Neither have I. There's a Krispy Kreme at my place of work and I still haven't tried one. I guess I should try them out sometime to see what the fuss is about, they do look quite nice (apparently, there's one that's 1000 calories?)
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    theres a krispy kreme across the street from my work. as much as I don't want to I think now I'm going to have to get one in the morning. thanks a lot jerks!!! IVE RESISTED FOR MONTHS!
  • dextersgramps
    dextersgramps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    what makes Krispy Kreme so good and so bad is theyre made with lard,goes right to the Hips.HAHA
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    and I just looked them up, 222 calories in an original glazed, 10g of sugar... bad but not AS bad as I thought. One every now and then wouldn't hurt... :love: :drinker:
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Were they "hot now" ? That is the ONLY time to get them.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Eh not tempting at all. Give me a bacon cheeseburger now where talking!

Kind of disappointing though cause my wife really is sabotaging me. Not intentionally thought she is 8 months pregnant and she doesn't want to cook and I am to busy to cook so she is asking to eat out every other night its killing me.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    There is nothing better than a krispy kreme donut that is hot! In Raleigh, NC they have the Krispy Kreme challenge , where you start off on NC State and run to the Krispy Creme (the original one I think) then you eat 1 dozen donuts and then run back (5K race). I have thought of doing the race, just so maybe I would get sick and would never want another krispy kreme donut again! (All proceeds go to the Children's Hospital)

I sooooooo want to do that race now...

Next year, I think I will do it just for the heck of it. It really looks like a lot of fun! I don't know if I could down a dozen, but I will give it a fighting try! Only 2664 calories...lol
  • vintagechick28
    Options
    Krispy Kreme, Dunkin, Shipleys, even Wal-Mart for all I care. I like donuts. I want donuts. I eat donuts.

Stop donut prejudice!!

homer-simpson-donut-dream.gif

Shipley's Chocolate-Filled Donuts.....OMG
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Were they "hot now" ? That is the ONLY time to get them.

Yep! When cold not as good, but when they are hot....OMG are they good!
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Voodoo Donuts in Portland and Eugene. They have a maple long john topped with a couple slices of bacon as topping and a raised donut with vanilla icing and Captain Crunch cereal. Evil doesn't even begin to describe...
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I've had donuts of all kinds from all places. They're still at rock bottom of things I'd choose to splurge on. They're just not very good. Threads like this make me wonder if I'm crazy.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't get the donut thing. Every time I try to eat one, the dough balls up in my mouth and makes this horrible glop that is hard to swallow. I mentioned this to my daughter, and she said that Krispy Kreme donuts practically melt in your mouth, but they don't for me. They form glop.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I love donuts too....But I haven't had one since Aug of last year. Maybe it's time to get me one :)