If you use that "cup" thing during TOM...

Options

Replies

• zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have one that I bought in May of 2011. However, that month I got pregnant with twins and thanks to nursing have not had a cycle since. So whenever, the cycles return it is my intention to use the DIVA cup.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    @ SlickFootAnna...the best post & story EVER on MFP.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    But the REAL question is what do you do when you have to pee? You just pee in the cup or do you have to take the cup out every time to go pee?!

Your lack of understanding of the female anatomy is socking.

No, you just missed the joke.

Wouldn't be the first time. Sarcasm is not something I understand without inflection. Plus, I have know people who really were that clueless.
  • SaharaZaraMorocco
    SaharaZaraMorocco Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    @ Anna: thank you for the most hilarious read of the day. Seriously. :drinker:
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    If you're in a public washroom stall you can just dump it out without washing it and wash it next time. At home I shut and lock the door, like a normal person, so I wash it in the sink.

Exactly. In a public washroom, you can also take some extra toilet paper and give it a good wipe.

I absolutely LOVE my diva cup and rarely have any leakage problems. It's also nice to not have to worry about bringing extra pads/tampons with me everywhere I go.

rarely. so if you do have leakage, is it like a broken faucet or just like a little spot. that seems kinda sketchy and creeps me out lol, but i am curious to try it just to see. if you cary a little thing of baby wipes then you can just wipe it out. how many hours can you keep it in for, is it like a tampon where every few hours you change it?

I think it's about 8-12 depending on your body...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    But the REAL question is what do you do when you have to pee? You just pee in the cup or do you have to take the cup out every time to go pee?!

The vagina and urethra are two separate things.

haha....thank you and jinx!! Finally, someone who is actually informed about their body!

So repulsive to me that women arent better informed about their bodies. Men know ever nook and cranny of their scrots.

A simple wipe with tissue is all thats needed when you are in public. I'm lucky where I work the bathrooms are private
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bleeding-eyes.jpg

LMAO. Oh funny lol
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Your lack of understanding of the female anatomy is socking.

No, you just missed the joke.

Wouldn't be the first time. Sarcasm is not something I understand without inflection. Plus, I have know people who really were that clueless.

I'm with you after the other post about someone taking their tampon out every time they pee I didnt catch the "joke" either.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

It explodes. Pain in your business! :(
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Masking ignorance by calling it a joke.....likely story
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    It's annoying to me that people make fun of these things... I get that it's different and takes some getting used to, but saying that using a menstral cup is gross but using a tampon (which is made up of...??) is hypocritical.
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I just need this for later lol
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/668787-have-anyone-used-the-menstrual-cup?hl=diva+cup&page=20#posts-13653333

There ya go, princess.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    And there goes my lunch. Thanks.
  • faireplay
    faireplay Posts: 126
    Options
    No I am not squeamish about bodily fluids at all. Raised four kids and now care for two grand kids, one of whom is autistic and still in diapers at the age of five. But I wouldn't wash my grand kid's urine soaked undies in the sink where I brush my teeth either.
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You can also use a latex (or non-latex) glove to remove, if you really are squeamish. Remove cup, pull glove off inside out and toss. This with the disposable, of course. But a glove keeps your fingernails from getting gooky and needing a scrub brush when you're done ;) Also good if you have long nails. Keeps you from scratching yourself.

Love Softcups!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

WHOA. Calm down there, cupcake. Go look at the very last thread about Tampons which PROMPTED this thread and maybe you'll get it.

Well, my apologies if it was a joke. I didn't get the humor and with the amount of people that are uninformed about their own bodies it wouldn't have surprised me in the least.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    No I am not squeamish about bodily fluids at all. Raised four kids and now care for two grand kids, one of whom is autistic and still in diapers at the age of five. But I wouldn't wash my grand kid's urine soaked undies in the sink where I brush my teeth either.

Lol. Do you keep your toilet lid down too? DId you know airborne poo particles can float up and attack your toothbrush? BE CAREFUL.
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You only need to change it once every 12 hours, so as long as you change/clean it before you go out, you should be fine. But you could also carry a thing of baby wipes in your purse and then dump it and clean it as much as you can, then clean it better when you get home.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Okay...I'm very glad we don't use them in this house then. I hope none of my guests are washing their diva cup in my bathroom sink.

If you are this squeamish about bodily fluids, the cup is probably not for you :)

Agreed. Do you not let your guests spit in your sink if they brush their teeth either?

Sorry to be a bit gruesome here, but the entire contents of the cup don't go in the sink! You just dump it in the loo, flush ( and you can do that without looking!) and then just wash the cup. It's easy!

I pour mine down the sink, and I look. And I keep the sink clean, too, by washing it with bathroom cleaner. It's just blood, for cryin' out loud. It's not as if it leaves this permanent magical trace on everything it comes in contact with.