Question for Successful 30 Day Shredders

Options
2»

Replies

• rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am on day 21 (level 3 day 1) so not successful YET but I will answer your questions too.
    I decided I want to challenge myself to do the 30 Day Shred, but I have a few questions for those who have done it and had success...

1) What was your workout schedule?
    How many rest days? How many days to complete? How many workouts in a row? I do the 30 day shred 6 days a week, I take one day off a week from the DVD but still do some form of exercise like walking, running, biking, playing Just Dance 4 on my Wii. I started March 4 and will be done with day 30 on April 6, so a little over 30 days. My rest day is usually a Saturday or Sunday.

2) Is it possible I'm just not at a high enough fitness level for this? I started it weighing 217 lbs, I'm 5'7". I was down 23 lbs from the first of January so I had been "working out" a bit before then. When I started did I have to stop for the jumping jacks and jumprope? Yep but the more I kept at it (and I listened to Jillian, only paused for 5 seconds at the most marching in place then started right back up) the further I could go, you will be amazed at how quickly your fitness level improves. I am now at 210, so I've lost 7lbs in 20 days!

3) Did you work through soreness? YES! I was most sore on day 3, even hurt to walk down stairs and sit on the toilet. I drank lots of water, ate a banana (potassium) drank some lowfat milk after my workout (protien) and took some Motrin and pushed through.

4) Did you do any other workout along with this one? There have been days where I could fit in more strength moves for my arms, kick box Abs on You Tube, Just Dance 4 for more cardio or take my dog on a 20 minute walk but most days it's just the DVD. I am a fulltime working mother of 2 toddlers, I don't have hours to spend in the gym unless I never want to see my kids, which obviously I do!
  • lizmcvey
    lizmcvey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Im on day six, level one. I am LOVING it. I get up early to do that workout and then I do Zumba, eliptical, or some other cardio in the evening. Im doing 30 days straight. I worked thought the soreness day two and really beyond that, its pretty much subsided. I've committed to doing it for 30 days straight at the very least and then decide where to go from there. Maybe another 30 days with heavier weights or some other program for my morning workout. Im seeing a change in my body already for sure. I tell everyone how wonderful the 30 day shred is. I feel like its such a great way to start my day and its under 30 minutes so it really don't even have to get up super early to do it. Im so glad I started it and I hope you enjoy it as much as I am!
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    for those who have done it and had success...

Not sure if I qualify as a "success". I'm on day 27. I've only lost 2 pounds. ( certainly not 20).
    I have last an inch off my chest, 1.5 from my waist, and 1 from my arms.
    So keep in mind my results were modest, at best.

1) What was your workout schedule?
    I workout everyday. Skipped two days during camp.
    ]2) Is it possible I'm just not at a high enough fitness level for this?
    I can do the same number of reps with the same exercises with heavier weights, the same amount of cardio and abs over a longer period of time and be fine, but somehow throwing it all together in 20 minutes kicks my butt and I keep having to pause between circuits.
    No.. Look at it this way, any amount is good. The more you can do together, the better. I find I can do more everyday, I'm getting stronger. The jumping is still painful though!

]3) Did you work through soreness?
    Yes, forcing myself to work through it finally got better after day 5.

4) Did you do any other workout along with this one?
    Yes, I still walk everyday, at least three miles.

I'm going to switch to ripped in 3o after this, then I'll repeat it. :)