Low-Cal Snack Ideas??

Options
13»

Replies

• beckysiz
    beckysiz Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    First off, my suggestion is evaluate what you are eating. If it is processed or frozen or "Sugar Free" or "Fat Free", chances are they contain an artificial sweetener., Artificial sweeteners tend to enhance cravings more often. Second, if you work out, you need to bulk up your protein rich foods (chickpeas, boneless skinless chicken, almonds etc). I would also suggest, when you get a craving, immediately chug a minimum of 8 oz of water. Not Diet Soda or fruit juice...simply clear, nothing added to it water and wait 10 minutes. If you have the craving still, carry natures candy with you (clementines, almonds, apples, bananas, or simply dried fruit, etc) and enjoy one of those. Sometimes cravings are your body's way of asking you for something it needs at that time (sodium, fat, carbohydrate, etc).

Snacking on the wrong things can derail your successes, ergo causing you to get fed up and quit. When I started my journey, I gave up ALL processed foods (diet soda included) from a traditional grocery store, went gluten free, and eat everything raw with the exception of meat and some veggies. I dropped 23 pounds in 3 weeks.

My advice nix the breads and starchy veggies, diet sodas, anything labeled "healthy" in your grocers freezer or shelves. Everything you need can be found along the outer walls of the grocery store. Just my 2 cents.

should have read down... exactly this!
  • str1ne
    str1ne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Dry breakfast cereal, such as Honey Nut Cheerios, have about 100 calories in a serving. Serving size varies from 3/4 to 1 cup. My personal favorite at the moment is Kellogs Cinnabon cereal. I bring it to work in baggies and keep in the drawer as a sweet snack.
  • needsalife3
    needsalife3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Special K chips - they are very similar to potato chips but they're 110 calories for 30 chips. For me 15 chips does the trick! I'm sure they're loaded up with bad stuff but at least you don't get the calories.
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Sweet - frozen grapes
    Sweet & salty - 1 tbsp of dry roasted salted edamame mixed with 1 tbsp. of raisins
    Chocolate & crunchy - Cocoa puffs cereal
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp of dry roasted salted edamame

I get bags of frozen edamame, and steam about a cup to nibble on all day.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    In Australia you can get Nestle Soliel diet choc mousse which is around 70 cal each, they are awesome!

Cruskits with light cheese spread
    Yoghurt
    Protein shakes/bars
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am a mega snacker too. I loooove snacks. Some of my favourites are:

14 almonds - 90 calories
    Banana - 90 calories
    Muller lights - approximately 90 calories depending on the flavour - my favourite is cherry
    Dried unsulphured/natural/organic apricots - 50g of Suma ones is 79 calories
    Pitted dates - 50g of Suma ones is 135 calories
    Apples - approx 72 calories
    Special K cereal bars - red berry are 90 calories each, double chocolate are 80 calories each
    Pear - approx 74 calories
    Propercorn fiery worcester sauce and sun dried tomato - 96 calories
    Hartley's low calorie jellies - 9 calories
    Pepper - 50 calories - with a tablespoon of Sainsbury's BGTY blue cheese dressing - 9 calories

And as a treat...
    Aero white choc bubble mousses - 99 calories
    Aldi Grandessa creamy chocolate mousse - 97 calories
    Aldi Creme Caramel - 107 calories
    Chocolate Orange segsations - 44 calories each
    Mini creme eggs - 50 calories each

Hopefully this should give you some ideas :)

Ax
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    At the moment I like carrot sticks with low-fat laughing cow cheese :)
  • Lauraplane
    Lauraplane Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Full size rice cake with Nutella. So good! I also really like the yoplait greek yogurts that are only 100 calories, they have less sugar then Chobani and taste way better. If you are at home you can make a smoothie with frozen mixed berries and some apple or orange juice, throw in some fresh spinach for the nutrients (you can't taste it) add some vanilla yogurt too. Yummy.
  • tammytindall
    Options
    I love chocolate, but because of diabetes I can't have it, so I have been buying Hunt's sugar free chocolate pudding. It comes in vanilla also.
  • abeach1
    abeach1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fiber One chocolate brownie warmed up for 10 seconds in the microwave! 90 calories
  • lucybabe85
    lucybabe85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump.